Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Ruahines & Tararuas trips

Didn’t get any venison but I’m finally on the board with a nanny and her kid. A bit anxious about it but I got the kids front quarters in the slow cooker and both rear quarters of the nanny and kid in the fridge.
    Unfortunately back to work on Sunday so won’t be able to come up for a look on Saturday.. let me know how you go though.

Sounds like a good yarn Thar about your old mate. Venison Gulley sounds very promising!

Quote Originally Posted by Sako851 View Post
    Hey guys.

If anyone is keen for a hunting mate to go for a walk let me know. I have a few known spots in the Tararuas around the Levin area that I go to. I would like to go with a mate as it’s a bit safer and less boring.

I’m looking to extend my area up into the Ruahines in the Ashhurst and Woodville area although I wouldn’t be much help with hunting locations there. I have been up once a few years back though.

I’m pretty easy going and enjoy getting out as much as possible. Especially during the week when’s there’s less people on the hills.

Send me a message if your keen. I’m definitely not a hunting guru, just keen to get out a lot.
    Give me a bell sometime if you are keen. I work shift work that more often gives me days off during the week as opposed to the weekends. You never know our days off may coincide one day.

Yeah I’m on the shift work as well. Always have time off during the week so have to try line it up

Could use this as the meet up really whenever has time off and is looking for a hunting mate for the Ruahines or Tararuas post it up here.

I’m tied up for the next few weeks due to visiting south taranaki
    Last edited by Sako851; 19-01-2019 at 09:14 PM.

Thought I would bump this up. I got the 23rd through to the 30th of April off. Not to keen on being out over that weekend at all though but definately in those weekdays