Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree129Likes

Thread: Shouldn’t cut up an animal before rigor mortis is complete

Quote Originally Posted by DavidGunn View Post
    I wouldn't go in after it.
    I dont disagree David. Too many here comment without engaging the brain first. The reality is even if that was left there ( which it wasnt ) with the amount of rainfall Fiordland gets it would only have been a matter of days before it ended up in Lake Te Anau any rate . Go figure.

yip..taking the "out" you were offered 19 posts ago...MAY have been wise decision in hind sight....
    not posting photo that caused the issue in first place might have been wiser still.....

one question springs to mind....why on earth would you want to take that photo in first place????

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    yip..taking the "out" you were offered 19 posts ago...MAY have been wise decision in hind sight....
    not posting photo that caused the issue in first place might have been wiser still.....

one question springs to mind....why on earth would you want to take that photo in first place????
    Each to their own. Be boring if everyone thought the same as you I guess. Live and let live. Move on.
    BRADS likes this.

Its a good thread to see who actually hunts a lot and doesn't given the hard time Nathan is getting.
    I've lost count of the number of deer I see dead of natural causes in waterways.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
    Nathan F, jknavara, erniec and 2 others like this.

I think an important question remains unanswered - was the stag in the water in rigor mortis?
    Nathan F, Rich007, Gibo and 2 others like this.

Maybe better than those carrots you sometimes see
    Moa Hunter likes this.

We were camped at the Mangatutu Hot Springs and our young fellas "found" a deer below the pools on the river.
    Spent the weekend hacking the antlers off and generally blunting my knives.
    Kept them occupied for the whole weekend.
    But as an aside in a yank hiking magazine I saw and interesting thing.
    This was that at high occupancy campsites it was better if you pissed in the creek or river if it had enough flow than all piss in the one spot.
    It makes sense if you think about it.
    A deer carcase will end up in the waterway one way or another.
    What we leave eventually will.
    It is not as if most us dump a truckload in one hit.
    And as Brads says a lot of deer die and end up in creeks you go in after a bad winter storm and you find a few.
    Those that die don't really pick their spot.
    bunji likes this.

Why do people take photos?...well fck me, I don't know.
    Nathan F likes this.

why take photo of offal and carcase left in a creek,when you already have photo of dead deer in mid stream taken before butchery.....
    thats like taking photo of your morning turd....no body wants to see it....
    there is rules on forums about not promoting illegal activities.....well news flash ,leaving carcase and offal in a waterway is illegal...and downright friggin lazy slobbish behavior.
    if you happy to condone it...well so be it,as for me,nope I call it out as bullshit behavior.

why take photo of offal and carcase left in a creek,when you already have photo of dead deer in mid stream taken before butchery.....
    there is rules on forums about not promoting illegal activities.....well news flash ,leaving carcase and offal in a waterway is illegal...and downright friggin lazy slobbish behavior.
    if you happy to condone it...well so be it,as for me,nope I call it out as bullshit behavior.
    Getta grip...but boy do I have a photo to post tomorrow morning.
    CATLINS HUNTER likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan F View Post
    FFS bunch of old women . Who even said it was left in the creek or whether or not its even DOC land. We can all be very quick to assume and jump to conclusions around here.
    Yeah, its obvious from the foot prints someone has gone to a great deal of effort to put it in there. Some of these trampers can be very treacherous in their ideas and ideals.

Guys just be careful what you post you may just be giving ammunition to the antis! They could well use this against the hunting fraternity.
    Micky Duck likes this.
    It's all fun and games till Darthvader comes along
    I respect your beliefs but don't impose them on me.

Quote Originally Posted by BRADS View Post
    Its a good thread to see who actually hunts a lot and doesn't given the hard time Nathan is getting.
    I've lost count of the number of deer I see dead of natural causes in waterways.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
    so many pigs killed by dogs in streams that the hunters never got to in time
    usually after iv had a drink from the stream downstream from the carcass

not many deer up this way tho

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow View Post
    Guys just be careful what you post you may just be giving ammunition to the antis! They could well use this against the hunting fraternity.
    Might pay for you to rephrase that, the word "ammunition" alone would get some fizzing-at-the-bum.

are you the fn photo police??
    BRADS and DavidGunn like this.