Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: show us your hunting success these holidays

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Nice animal Gutshot. Well done
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

I haven't put in a lot of effort, but I've manage to get out for a few hours each day for the last couple of days (3 hunts) and had some success with the bow & rifle.

Hoping to get out for a bowfishing mission, but may have to cancel that one and do a bit of work around home, dam I hate it when ''life'' gets in the way of my hunting, haha.

kj
    Dougie likes this.

Kimjon good stuff you greedy bugger
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

Beautiful Menil Fallow Gonna keep the skins?
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Fulla
    kimjon, you couldnt ask for much more than that could you.
    i would be over the moon with that effort.
    i got a rabbit yesterday... i was wondering... are the shotgun pellets bad for my dog, when he eats them. lead. or will he just crap them out. or maybe only after many rabbits...

Hey bully I think your dog would manage too spit pinecones out no worries so no probs about pellets.
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

Fulla
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
    Hey bully I think your dog would manage too spit pinecones out no worries so no probs about pellets.
    yeah he will eat most things, including empty beer boxes.
    theres nothing yet he cant hump or eat. haha
    i guess because there not sitting inside him, he should be ok as they should pass through, just wondering what others thought. (yeah, a bit off topic though)

Well done KJ. You must have had an easy carry eh. One over each shoulder and one in the mouth.
    veitnamcam likes this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    Well done KJ. You must have had an easy carry eh. One over each shoulder and one in the mouth.
    haha - I wouldn't want to ruin what little teeth I have left by trying that trick Rushy...but it would make a great photo eh!

kj

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Beautiful Menil Fallow Gonna keep the skins?
    Nah, a bit too much of a hassle. I've still got skins from many years back sitting in my freezer that I took with grand intentions, but I've never done anything with them. I must find and toss them out as they'd be ruined by now with freezer burn.

I do like taxidermy, but don't have any in my own house. I once offered to make my wife a ''fur bikini'' out of deer skin, but that went down like a lead balloon (I was joking) hahaha...

kj

Re: show us your hunting success these holidays

Re the skins me too, was told freezer burn is no issue tho?

Sent from my GT-S5360T using Tapatalk 2
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

I didnt take any photos but had a good spell of hunting this holidays with the kids and mates. I had to feed a heap of people at xmas time so went out to a mates with the kids and philipo for a day of zeoring and then killing with a good result of some fallow on the deck. I hope philipo got some photos as he was in a hurry to get back to palmy not sure if he remembered!
    We then went out to one of our favorable red spots well armed with ammo and beer with Gav and his young fella Ollie and my youngest Paddy and planned at been at the hut by about four but had a major setback as we ran into Scribe and his crew at the managers house as we were dropping of the koha.
    As it was a very hot saturday we were continually playing safe with keeping up with the hydration packs that we had taken with us, Luckily we had anticipated the intense heat and never ran out. After a great catch up with scribe we toddled of to the the hut with about half an hour of daylight left and a couple of keen kids so went for a quick hunt around the hut but only seen one cat and a light shy hind that was to quick.
    Sunday bought wind and rain clouds but we decided to stay another night and we ended up going down to a long bush edge and watching that from a k where eventually we seen a stag come out so i sent Gav around to smoke that as i was on the red horse for pick up duties. Gav came across a spiker on the way down and dealt to that so i went to the bottom and guided them with the two ways down a ridge for a look in the gully. Next thing a barrage of shots from the 6.5 and all i was thinking fuck some serious carrying coming up.
    Nekminut 580 yards away was a yearling hind looking puzzled at the kerfuffle going on,so after checking my drop of 3.1 mils and dialing i gave it two warning shots that it was not safe around here i decided i had i would dial in the other 31 clicks on the Diavari with the .05 mil clicks and procceded to give it an amax for newyear.
    It turned out Gav and Ollie got one each down the gully and my one made four so for the day so when we got back to the hut at twelve pm bed was looking pretty good.
    On top of that in the middle of the stalk we got a thunder shower with the wet weather gear safley on the bike made for a long ride back to the hut to warmth
    I better sign of as of for a coffee with the the wife!
    My favorite sentences i like to hear are - I suppose so. and Send It!

Primo Andy
    CFD

Yeh we'll done Andy. Fancy running into Scribe in the middle of no where. What are the odds?

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    Yeh we'll done Andy. Fancy running into Scribe in the middle of no where. What are the odds?

Odds would be pretty good Rushy the old stomping ground,it would be hard too keep a man away from that area.
    CFD