Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree100Likes

Thread: Solo Outdoor Activities

Quote Originally Posted by Huntfisheat View Post
    "They"? It's not "They" it's "us". "We" need this, not "Them". How about shelving your selfish conspiracy theory rubbish for the mean time. If "We" don't behave like adults and all adopt your spoilt child routine Covid will be here till there's a vaccine. Grow up.
    If "They" overstep the mark "we" vote them out at the next election. I do hope the democratic process doesn't interfere with your conspiracy theories. It's difficult to understand how you would have been happy to be controlled by one "Them" (MPI} but not another "Them", the rest of the government and the scientific evidence that supports their moves. You seem to be choosing your "Thems" to suit your theory. None of which explains the need for control at this point in time, which is obvious and indisputable.
    Not for "Them" but for all of "Us"
    Wow, triggered much? So you are allowed an opinion but someone else who has a different opinion to you isnt?

Sorry, I disagree with your opinion, frankly, I believe that if you believe the crap you have wrote, you have your head in a place that never sees the sun.
    R93, tetawa and outlander like this.
    GUN CONTROL IS A TIGHT 5-SHOT GROUP.

Police have made it clear. No driving out of local area, or "across town" to go exercising. and DOC isn't issuing hunting permits any more. and NMSC have made it clear, don't go, theres no one to recue you. and puts SAR volunteers at risk. even if they can respond
    See NZHunter facebook post
    https://www.facebook.com/NZHunterMagazine/
    Phil_H and uk_exile like this.

"They"? It's not "They" it's "us". "We" need this, not "Them". How about shelving your selfish conspiracy theory rubbish for the mean time. If "We" don't behave like adults and all adopt your spoilt child routine Covid will be here till there's a vaccine. Grow up.
    Hear hear hear. Well said!!!!!!! I think I need to be really blunt here folks so hold on. Grow up people. Put your firearms away and stay the f__k at home! I cant believe that this conversation is even being had! DO NOT LEAVE YOUR BUBBLE!! If you go hunting you are away from your immediate family. We were all going for walks prior to lock down but if you haven't figured out what the risk is since lock down started then this country is going to hell in a hand cart. This will be the first roar I have missed in thirty something years,and you know what? It hurts like hell and I am proud of it. This is a sacrifice for our country. You know that thing that our forebears did in the first and second world wars. This is no different except that we have it way easier. Stay home and put the heat on anyone who wouldn't. DOC have removed permits and the Police have been clear. Stay close to home except for driving LOCALLY for essential services. Hunting is not an essential service. Forget the food gathering excuse. Same goes for farms. I have realised since lockdown started that you are entering someone else's bubble. As of midnight Weds I have stayed put. We are in this together and the only way we will beat this is for all NZers to work together and stop looking for loopholes. The decision you make today may cost someone or many someones their lives. Or mean the country stays shut another month. Work the $$$ out on that for the sake of a wee hunt. We still dont know who has had the virus pre lockdown. This is not forever unless people keep bending the rules. Here endeth my rant. Read the NZ Hunter blog on it and STFH! Kia kaha to all. Cheers
    Cowboy, Phil_H, 2post and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Browning View Post
    Wow, triggered much? So you are allowed an opinion but someone else who has a different opinion to you isnt?

Sorry, I disagree with your opinion, frankly, I believe that if you believe the crap you have wrote, you have your head in a place that never sees the sun.
    Hear,hear!

Those quotes aren't my opinion; They are the facts as given by the departments responsible for guiding us out of it. You're obviously unaware of what the term "Deadly global pandemic" means
    Given your response, you're probably just a troll so stay under your bridge.
    Really mate? What part of this is facts given by departments...

No fact there, only opinion.
    If "They" overstep the mark "we" vote them out at the next election. I do hope the democratic process doesn't interfere with your conspiracy theories. It's difficult to understand how you would have been happy to be controlled by one "Them" (MPI} but not another "Them", the rest of the government and the scientific evidence that supports their moves. You seem to be choosing your "Thems" to suit your theory. None of which explains the need for control at this point in time, which is obvious and indisputable.
    Not for "Them" but for all of "Us"
    Which is what I was commenting on. No fact there either, just opinion.

If you are here for discussion, fine, but if you are here to abuse, insult and act like a cunt, please feel free to fuck off and take your bullshit some place else.
    7mmwsm, northdude and Steve123 like this.
    GUN CONTROL IS A TIGHT 5-SHOT GROUP.

Bos
    I thought about this a fair bit.
    I can jump in the truck in the garage and head off 30 mins drive (on my own), drive through me cobbers farm to anywhere I want to hunt.
    Then I can get out off the truck, go kill a deer or a pig, back to the truck and home again. All without stopping to talk to anyone, let alone staying 2 m away from them for more than 15 minutes. So I'm in self isolation the whole way - no question.
    BUT
    We're supposed to be in lockdown, so can my neighbours and mates do this?,no they cant.
    I wont, but just what IF I hurt myself, then those poor buggers that have to deal with me wont be able to go home to their families, all because I turned out to be a selfish bastard and never considered the consequences of my actions on others.
    So each to their own I spose, but nah, I'll wait till its all good. Everyone else probably should as well
    Trout, Steve123, Chur Bay and 3 others like this.

Exactly
    Phil_H likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bos View Post
    I thought about this a fair bit.
    I can jump in the truck in the garage and head off 30 mins drive (on my own), drive through me cobbers farm to anywhere I want to hunt.
    Then I can get out off the truck, go kill a deer or a pig, back to the truck and home again. All without stopping to talk to anyone, let alone staying 2 m away from them for more than 15 minutes. So I'm in self isolation the whole way - no question.
    BUT
    We're supposed to be in lockdown, so can my neighbours and mates do this?,no they cant.
    I wont, but just what IF I hurt myself, then those poor buggers that have to deal with me wont be able to go home to their families, all because I turned out to be a selfish bastard and never considered the consequences of my actions on others.
    So each to their own I spose, but nah, I'll wait till its all good. Everyone else probably should as well
    Nicely put Bos but can I add one more thing. This is not so much about if you hurt yourself but more about the following. When you go alone to your mates farm and get out and open a gate or touch ANYTHING that someone else might touch then you are no longer zero risk. You are a vector of whatever you have on your hands. Then the shepherd touches the same gate and he goes home to his wife and kids and he or she goes to the supermarket and touches something twenty others might touch that doesnt get wiped. The virus incubates for two to three weeks and then Wammo there are ten new cases in the community who have also infected another 100. And so on. This is something and of the severity I have realised post lockdown. It is not conspiracy, it is fact and maths. This is why the authoroties are talking about bubbles. This is not each to their own, this is something we have all been asked to do and need to do. This is not a choice. This is a must do. Watch the news and see what is happening overseas and see the devastation at even the early stages. We are fighting a virus and still squabbling over whether we should do everything to stop it and if we can go for a hunt. Mark my words, get this wrong and suddenly hunting will seem of little consequence. Get it right and we can be back out there. I am not against anyone, hence why I write like this now. I want you all still here along with your loved ones. Please people take this seriously. Cheers
    Trout, deer243, Steve123 and 4 others like this.

I hear you. At this stage being over cautious is a very good thing I think. I am really thinking a lot about mine and others parents at the moment.

Have been following various threads about 'lockdown' and one aspect that no-one seems to grasp is that the lockdown isnt going to stop the virus outright. All that the authorities are trying to do is flatten/lower the plateau of infected people so that health proffesionals are not swamped by huge numbers of patients. After four weeks or whatever the virus will still be present, people will still catch it/get sick. Hopefully the infection numbers will be manageable for the health sector. Something like at least 50% of the population have to catch and survive the virus for 'herd' immunity to kick into action or a vaccine has to be developed to overcome the virus. Accept that this virus will be around for a while, maybe even become endemic. Life is going to change, get used to it and obey all the guidelines to help all of us. Finally, don't waste time bickering amongst yourselves/ trying to prove whose got the biggest dick, carry out some meaningful research what this virus is, how we can fight it and hopefully beat it so we can go back to a somewhat normal life. Sorry,wrant over , await the roasting.
    Gapped axe, ebf, Sideshow and 2 others like this.

northdude
    yea but wont it take off again once everyone starts being normal again its not going to magicly go away after a lock down also calm down one cock in particular everyone has an opinion here and allowed to express it here thats the beauty of this forum

Quote Originally Posted by woods223 View Post
    Have been following various threads about 'lockdown' and one aspect that no-one seems to grasp is that the lockdown isnt going to stop the virus outright. All that the authorities are trying to do is flatten/lower the plateau of infected people so that health proffesionals are not swamped by huge numbers of patients. After four weeks or whatever the virus will still be present, people will still catch it/get sick. Hopefully the infection numbers will be manageable for the health sector. Something like at least 50% of the population have to catch and survive the virus for 'herd' immunity to kick into action or a vaccine has to be developed to overcome the virus. Accept that this virus will be around for a while, maybe even become endemic. Life is going to change, get used to it and obey all the guidelines to help all of us. Finally, don't waste time bickering amongst yourselves/ trying to prove whose got the biggest dick, carry out some meaningful research what this virus is, how we can fight it and hopefully beat it so we can go back to a somewhat normal life. Sorry,wrant over , await the roasting.
    Yes. And likely this won't be the only lock down. Gov will use the lock down mechanism to control the curve to keep hospitalised numbers manageable. I think.

Until a vaccine.

northdude
    i can see it going further than 4 weeks isnt a vaccine a small dose of the virus we have the virus

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by northdude View Post
    i can see it going further than 4 weeks isnt a vaccine a small dose of the virus we have the virus
    Sort of. Vaccines are an inert version so your immune system can recognise the virus but not get a hard time by it.
    The government has paid all my staff for 12 weeks so read what you want from that.
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

If you look at what they are doing to manage this in South Korea. Who seem way ahead of the ball. They have set up a rigorous testing system.
    Almost like a drive through. There figures for the curve are very good. The Government's need to follow this example and get there testing systems up and running.
    It’s finding the best and most accurate system that seems to be the hard part.
    I think that here in the UK the virus is a lot more wide spread than the media/government is letting on or know about.
    But with out accurate testing know one knows and all are just guessing.
    It's all fun and games till Darthvader comes along
    I respect your beliefs but don't impose them on me.