Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Te Puke Hut Area Tips ... Pls

Mate and I have had a couple of trips into Te Puke Hut early April - better prime time mid-April booking scheduled for next year.

Starting to feel a bit old (before my time). If anyone is feeling generous to PM me and share spots to walk to and access into the Mangaturutu stream would appreciate it. Seemed to spend a lot of time walking through areas with no, or just very old, sign.

Thanks.

Steved
    Mate that is not what I wanted to hear before my trip in there in may, I have hunted Harkness before in June and found hinds living on the spurs at around 1100m mark

Maybe we didn’t get low enough. And to raise your spirits we heard 4-5 heehaw between 8-10 April. Spooked a few at 1250m mark. But for effort in and lack of deer sign seen and plus diminishing youthfulness I’m looking for some intel rather than spending the next 2 years figuring it out for myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Going to areas where there is very old sign is good as it means the deer have done the rounds and will be back there soon.

HI all
    We are going in to Te Puke in May as well, we had to abort our April trip due to covid and isolation. Been there quite a few times over the years and are expecting 1100m to be where the animals are at this time of the year. The last time in May the stags weren't calling but were coming in to the single call for a look so give calling a try.
    Cheers
    Ruger7mm