Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree224Likes

Thread: Thank you NZ Hunter!

Kaweka sika show last night was awesome.

Another great show for those that have Netflix is 'Meateater".

The host Steve Rinella hunts very much the same way a lot of kiwis do and his shows reflect that and his close connection with nature and his prey. Has a wild food cooking spin as well which is pretty interesting too.

No loud mouth US bullshit, just hunting and nature. Highly recommend it.

Sent from my SM-J600G using Tapatalk
    Hunting is not a hobby.....its an addiction

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Kaweka sika show last night was awesome.

Another great show for those that have Netflix is 'Meateater".

The host Steve Rinella hunts very much the same way a lot of kiwis do and his shows reflect that and his close connection with nature and his prey. Has a wild food cooking spin as well which is pretty interesting too.

No loud mouth US bullshit, just hunting and nature. Highly recommend it.

Sent from my SM-J600G using Tapatalk
    I concur, another great show with a great ambassador to the sport.
    Bryan and bumblefoot like this.

Yep no school so my boys got to stay up late and enjoy with me, might of influenced today’s activities though 👍Name:  3063CAC2-9205-4F66-9C86-2FC6E8D2906D.jpeg
Views: 584
Size:  154.2 KB
    veitnamcam likes this.
    I grew up looking for frogs and shit!

You grew up looking for a wi fi connection.......we are not the same!

Unfortunately its only available in NZ on the tvnz on demand website.

Try switching your VPN to New Zealand though and you might be able to watch it.

Josh James Kiwi Bushman has some awesome tahr hunts up on youtube if you haven't watched them all ready.

I love watching hunting shows. NZ Hunter, Meateater and Solo Hnter are my favourites. Thanks for the tips re the others which I will check out.

Yep I like the NZ Hunter shows , the Luger Burn episode was fantastic, beats the hell out of watching Bachelortte with the Mrs ....
    Micky Duck and xtightg like this.

Awesome show on wednesday night loved it.

Banned
    Have you blokes watched the YouTube film of Donald Trump Jnr Sheep Hunting ??
    paremata likes this.

With all due respect Kotuku I would like to quote the immortal words of Chopper Read here........ HTFU!! You should not be talking about not hunting because the hierachy have said you cant, you shouldn't be hunting because you worked out the potential risk and cost and decided to be a grown up and not do it!! I cant believe we are still talking like this at times!! Everyone is feeling it mate but have we really got that soft?? I know there will be many who have huge stress and I do not cheapen that at all. Their pain is totally legitimate. But in comparison with the pain individually and nationally if we do not do this together it is but a blip. If we don't beat this virus our world will never be the same. Even more so than now. Be a can do person and get in this together. Look for those who need support and find ways of doing that without being in their bubble C'mon NZ. Make us proud!

Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    I had expected someone to have put this here by now but I think its a pretty important statement to get out from Greg and the NZH team. I fully agree.

With lockdown commencing tonight we need to make a statement about the position of the government and officials in regards to hunting.

There will be no hunting in the next four weeks. No if’s, buts or loopholes. The hunting community cannot be seen to be flaunting these official directives, whether we think they are fair or not.

Some hunting trips are lower risk of contacting/spreading C19 than others, but the point is there’s still some risk, more than staying home. To justify grinding our entire economy to a halt and so we all come out of this as soon as possible, we need to minimize all possible risk. Can you imagine if we have to extend this lock down period? And it is seen in some way to be caused by hunters breaking the rules?! How do you think the general public will view that! This isn’t a fairy tale, people will die, fellow Kiwis will die.

Non-essential travel means no hunting, going into the backcountry is indefensible, injuries and SAR callouts are always far higher over the roar so don’t think it won’t happen. Even if you don’t have to travel you still can’t go. Even if it’s day hunts you can’t go. You’ll open gates, stop for food and gas, bump into farm staff, potentially get stuck and need a tow out, injure yourself and expose SAR or first responders to unnecessary risk – if it’s serious your treatment may mean someone with C19 died because your arrogance required medical treatment they needed. The potential for extra strain on the health system is unacceptable.

I know a lot of you will say ‘well it’s less risk than going to the supermarket’ – maybe, in some instances, but why have both risks? You can eliminate one, so don’t be stupid.

Our discussions around the matter have already made it to the media so the public eye is on us. This could destroy our image if we’re seen to be flaunting the lockdown - we’ll look like irresponsible hicks with guns who cared more about shooting stinky roaring stags than saving fellow Kiwis.

We’re all in this together and we know that in tough times like this going bush is exactly what we need to cope with it, but we can’t do it. Tell your mates “do not go”, and tell anyone who’s already in the bush to come home. Anyone out there hunting at all just makes it harder for hunters doing the right thing to stay at home – and that’s simply not fair. It’s one law for all, and the future of hunting depends on our how the public see our response to this emergency situation.

It’s a bitter pill to swallow, we know! Not only can we not do what we love most, but this hits us big time in the pocket as well, as we film the bulk of our episodes through this period.

Do not go hunting while we are on level 4. Stay home, sort your hunting gear out, give the rifle a clean, learn a new skill, do that project around the house you needed the time for! And stay connected with fellow hunters, it’s never been easier.
    The NZ Hunter Team
    Well, there are reports of armed police responding to an incident in the Motueka Valley this morning. Social media says it was hunters, but I don’t know anymore than that. Now, I take social media with a pinch of salt, but IF it was hunters, and IF armed police deployed to deal with them, it doesn’t do us as a community much good.

Don’t be tempted, don’t think you have the right to do it, and please do as Greg and plenty of others advise. The deer, pigs, goats etc will still be there in a few weeks and the roar will be all the better next year (but not for me as I’m moving to Aus in May).
    Micky Duck likes this.

Just watched the Kaweka episode , man that was epic some great footage ,Willy and his mate with the 303 is more like the luck I've had hunting Sika

Great show on sika. Had to laugh as I hunted with a guy in 1968 whose .303 would put every bullet sideways at 50yards. No need for them expensive soft nosed things, army solids worked just as well in the bush.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/nelson-mail/...motueka-valley

Spitfire - guess this is the one?

Quote Originally Posted by Moa Hunter View Post
    Have you blokes watched the YouTube film of Donald Trump Jnr Sheep Hunting ??
    Yeah , that was good. Apparently his father used to send him and his brother over to his grandad in the Czech republic when he came home from boarding school for summer and his grandfather let them hunt and fish as much as they wanted .

The guy behind that video took his own life last year, he had CTE from playing football . I think he founded Kuiu , damn shame he seemed like a top bloke.

Quote Originally Posted by paremata View Post
    Yeah , that was good. Apparently his father used to send him and his brother over to his grandad in the Czech republic when he came home from boarding school for summer and his grandfather let them hunt and fish as much as they wanted .

The guy behind that video took his own life last year, he had CTE from playing football . I think he founded Kuiu , damn shame he seemed like a top bloke.
    https://youtu.be/qnvrSpFgYXA

Jason Hairston founder of Sitka gear sold it to gore-tex then founded Kuiu, forget his political alliance he revolutionized modern hunting clothing, sad story one in a rash of ex-footballers commiting suicide from brain injuries leading to the mandated new helmut last season.