Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Warm Weather Stalking Shirt

either what rumpy uses or the very top option...the one at the top is a really great option they keep you cool and protect from a bit of sun....you NEED to carry something along the lines of a fleece T because when the wind picks up and/or it gets wet...you will freeze ya tits off (they suit me just fine as can never seem to get cool enough)

Piopio, Christchurch, Pilbara/GreatSandy Desert WA
    Brakenwear schorcher top. Designed in Australia. Its brilliant in the hot weather.

https://brakenwear.com/products/mens...rcher-top-2018

Name:  Lebent_MENS-SCORCHER-TOP-1_2000x.jpg
Views: 262
Size:  424.0 KB

MB
    One thing I would say about the Huntech products is that in the pictures they all look like they are made from the same material, they are not! The one I put the link to is the thinnest/coolest of the lot. It's definitely worth comparing them in store rather than ordering online so that you get what you want.

OK, noted thanks; the Drymax is the coolest of their fabrics and worth checking out in-store.

@paddygonebush: You'd trust the Ockers to know what to wear to keep cool, but where would we get to look at the Brakenwear here in NZ please?

I've purchased some of the Hunters Element Superlite Shirts in the last couple of days as they met my requirements for long sleeves and pockets, and were on sale (direct) since they are being discontinued in favour of the Crux, and there was still stock in my size. I'd report back here on how I find them but it seems a bit pointless now if they will no longer be available.

An advantage of cotton as @Sarvo mentions (and is worth repeating) is that lenses can be wiped dry with cotton but not so effectively with synthetics.

Just going back to @kiwijames comment on non-camo - in this case blue; I'm not sure it has affected my hunting success, but after a number of years wearing the same thing I'm pretty sure I will be able to detect if there is a difference and am treating this proposed change more as an experiment, and an interesting one at that.
    Last edited by Puffin; 12-03-2019 at 09:19 PM.
    kiwijames likes this.

Piopio, Christchurch, Pilbara/GreatSandy Desert WA
    Quote Originally Posted by Puffin View Post
    @paddygonebush: You'd trust the Ockers to know what to wear to keep cool, but where would we get to look at the Brakenwear here in NZ please?.
    I bought them online in Australia. I believe they ship to NZ. There is a pretty good review on Rokslide Forum
    https://www.rokslide.com/forums/thre...testing.66067/

Pictures of some of options referred to earlier:

Name:  earth sea sky.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  18.0 KB

Name:  kuiu.jpg
Views: 183
Size:  27.4 KB

Name:  simms.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  27.2 KB

Name:  threadborne.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  20.4 KB

The Ridgeline Breeze appears to short sleeved only though.

i have the stoney creek fast hunt one its falling apart after two trips, stitching is rubbish

Quote Originally Posted by RUMPY View Post
    Attachment 106947
    I have this ridgeline t shirt. Has mesh about 7 inches wide down each side. I have owned it for years. Don't know the model. Looks similar to their breeze shirt.
    first ridgeline shirt i ever bought and stillgood as the day i bought it .bloody comfy too.
    have a ridgeline sniper split back meash panels also but need to reshrink myself to fit it comfortably
    currently have a USwoodland camo shirt with sleeves widened by wifey(bloody handy she can sew) does all i want for warm litelweight conditions.

Name:  5AA943C4-16E0-4081-88B0-2A0CFAEFD72F.jpeg
Views: 231
Size:  1.63 MBName:  51CA647D-A815-4051-BCA7-29F5D1D43153.jpeg
Views: 189
Size:  1.60 MB
    My little desert storm number, if it’s good enough for Schwarzkopf it’s good enough for me. Only issue is my hutting chum mocks me when I wear it.
    Remember the 7 “P”s; Pryor Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    I think the shirt I own is the Ultra Tiburon Zip-T. Spendy now, I'm sure I didnt pay that much for it.
    The First Lite Wilkin half Zip looks like a good bit of gear and at a better price. $129 from Points South.
    I just have zero faith in anything made for the NZ market by the usual suspects (Swazi being the exception).
    The Yank stuff is expensive but I have been wearing the same gear for years now and have never had gear failure or it doing anything other than what it was bought to do.
    Camo, it's a preference but most of it is meritless IMO. I do know the break up patterns do assist when Im fishing for spooky trout though so expect it will work with big game in that respect.
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds