Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Warning to poachers....

Quote Originally Posted by Wirehunt View Post
    As I maintain, does that mean we can go after doc (spit here) too? I do know of instances where they condone poaching, by chopper no less. The doc guy even told us how they do it. WTF?
    So that must make them a part of said crime.

I've done both sides of the fence, I also know cops that have too.....
    Nothing wrong with sensible poaching, but some are just fuckwits about it. I'll also note here, no serious poaching in the likes of the blues then all of a sudden "we need to poison"....
    There is a cop in central hawkes bay that recently got locked in a irate farmers paddock who was sick of said cop poaching the land
    Yet these same people are likely to arrest poachers...........
    P38, Wirehunt and kiwi39 like this.

There is one notorious ex cop poacher here too.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Caretaker
    And one or three here
    A big fast bullet beats a little fast bullet every time

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    I think I have had a run in with him Cam. First name initial, B?
    Do what ya want! Ya will anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    We also have one of these floating around, they know how relaxed most cops are about poaching and just hammer places because they know they will get away with it.

Make me a honorary constable for a friday night and I could more than likely pick up 10 of so different groups lighting up doc and private land from numerous back country roads. We went for a drive and listen for stags a few weeks back and were amazed at the number of spotlighters, young and old getting round. Alot of them treat it as a game.
    Theres even a crew that are doing it semi professionally, they must have a illegal marketing for the veni somewhere.

I think most of us have blurred the lines will boundarys a some time, whether it be intentional or not, but this blatant spot lighting from roads could be sorted easily with a few weekends spent by mr plod in the right places and dishing out some decent penalties.
    R93 and Pengy like this.

Ejected
    Sounds easy subs.

R93

Warning to poachers....

Was talking with a mate in haast a couple days ago.
    He was driving back from fox one night a month ago and come across a vehicle with 2 blokes standing on the deck blatantly spotlighting. Didn't miss a beat when he drove past.
    They didn't have a care in the world he reckoned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ejected

Last time I was in hast , some dick head had shot a cattle beast off the road thinking it was a deer wtf ! . Wouldn't want to camp by the roadside down there
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

R93
    In 2009 a bloke was asleep in his caravan parked off the road.
    A shot woke him up. He went outside to see a vehicle take off.
    The bullet went right threw his caravan and passed 6" under where his head was while asleep.
    So yeah not a good idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Wirehunt View Post
    Sounds easy subs.
    Should be easy, one local high country pass it would take mr plod half hour from is office to be sitting somwhere waiting for them. While mates where shooting legally on farmland they counted 13 vehicles go thru there one night, all spotligting from the road, none with permission to shoot adjacent land.
    We have had to go all vigilante on it a few time with repeat offenders, loosen engine mounts, remove wheels and roll them down gullys,dead possums strapped to exhausts, space invader exhausts and snorkels. Just to name a few. Seems to work aswell
    Scouser and big_foot like this.

Always going to be grey areas in these issues,some discretion and education will go a long way
    But for pricks already trespassed or knowingly taking the piss I hope the powers to be throw some weight at this

Go have have a chat to affected landowners to see what all the fuss is about and why some are very anti poaching
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    OPCz

Ejected
    Dealing with them was a part of my job, at times a major part. There seems to be three main types.

1: The harmless type that is just out for a bit of fun and doesn't even think or know they are doing anything wrong. (This is actually the largest group by far, maybe 90%)
    2: Those that know but are careful about it and don't do anything silly.
    3: The fuckwit type that needs nailed, they are normally the ones that know the place better than anyone else. They are also the type I don't trust not to do something stupid like knocking over farm stock etc.
    Toby, BRADS and kiwigreen like this.

Have had a run in recently with some folks on private land that had us thinking it was we who shouldn't have been where we were and that the landowner had double booked the area, me being me I didn't want to cause a spectacle in the bush so decided to move on to another spot on the same property. Once we exited the bush we gained cellphone reception, and rang the owner who confirmed that it was we who had the block to ourselves. He came up later and confronted said poachers. The landowner has been keeping an eye on the place since with keen interest and has confronted another 9 parties in regards to trespassing with firearms or poaching. It is a very difficult area to police due to a Unformed Road running through the place with much comings and goings, so he has to be pretty on top of it. The first party were in court on Wednesday and were hit with a $500 fine court costs and an indefinite blanket trespass on 40+ properties and DoC managed lands. I would say next time they get caught it will be a different story prosecution wise but that will be up to their actions. The trouble I had with the poachers was in the way I discovered them, me and my mate had headed into the bush before sparrow fart with a certain rock outcrop in mind to further observe a large wallow and clearing. We had been slightly disoriented due to thick fog and had finally gotten back on track and were keenly roaring 4 or 5 different stags, all of a sudden we got a reply from directly behind us that didn't quite sound right ( theres a lot to be said for those handheld electronic callers), we thought heck theres one coming in fast and angry, and us with only marginal headlights....holy shit this could get interesting. So we hung around quietly and waited in the dark,, then all of a sudden I glimpsed a light coming through the bush and so called out to them. We got talking and he had us believing the owner had double booked ..........the rest is history.........Now this could have gone very very badly for either party, but thankfully didn't. Heck you only need to look on the site for thread about a dead hunter shot in chest down the longwoods. Thing is these guys don't think they are doing wrong, but for someone in my situation knowing we were supposed to be the only ones there he could easily have been and odd sounding stag. What is the first thing you would do if someone was on your property without consent and carrying a firearm?.....I think I would call the cops..........hmmmmm armed offenders call out could be a bit of a scare and might seem blown out of proportion, but is it?
    GUNS DON"T KILL PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!
    PEOPLE with PSYCHIATRIC PROBLEMS
    NEGLECTED by the HEALTH SYSTEM
    KILL PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ejected
    That 40+ group has been around for a while now, in fact a few of them are.

Trouble with a good amount of this shit is it's a pot-kettle. But the big fuckers get away with their law breaking, and /or get into bed with some entity that gives them a helping hand.

NZ business and government clean, Tui ad that.