Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: What do you Say!!!

Join a Deerstalkers club and go on club hunts

As hunt4life said, be aware of your scope settings. Drop the magnification down when you are going into the bush and up again when hunting more open areas. Be aware of yourself as much as the surroundings.

Hunting with a mate last year and watched from a distance as he brought his rifle up. Then heard the dead mans click. Thought he had one up the spout. fortunately it was a dumb spiker and he managed to load a round and drop it

TGF.. Thank God its friday.. getting more & more excited as time ticks away today.. Have almost packed everything for the Solo hunt.. few of my friends whom I had invited to join (non hunters but meat lovers) were very surprised to know that am making a solo trip.. they said I should take some one.. thats when I told them, that i have asked every1 I know would want to no avail. I cant be ruining my passion coz friends are not willing to join..

Last night while having a kava session at home one of the friends who rejected the offer of joing said "if you manage to shoot a deer just drop me a call and I will come down to where I was to help carry out" bloody greedy buggar".. doesnt want to come on the trip but is ready to come strip the meat.. some cunning Fijians out here.. lol

Anyways I will be posting the trip report come Sunday evening..

Wish me luck

Cheers
    thomas likes this.

All the best
    The ones who put their hand out are the ones you give the shitty cuts of meat to. Keep all the good bits for yourself
    initiaz likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sako75 View Post
    All the best
    The ones who put their hand out are the ones you give the shitty cuts of meat to. Keep all the good bits for yourself
    Cheers Sako

Its time to ditch the free riders..
    thomas likes this.

Where abouts are you intending on going mate? And when?

Not bad shooting initaz. If your shots are all over the place at times, it could be because you are changing your position on the scope slightly, or various other reasons, breathing control etc.
    Do you have a cheek rest on it on you butt?, this will bring your eye position to the same place every time, hopefully.
    I have a mauser 6.5 x 55 too and just been to the range, if you like check my video out to see bullet drop at different ranges.
    Home built Mauser rifle stock in action. - YouTube
    By the way....good luck with the hunting.
    Hunt4life likes this.