Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Whirinaki hunting

Have been in there 3 times, only saw one deer and MISSED the dam thing , also a few goats around and heaps of rabbits, if I ever go again will pack in the air rifle. To many A T V`S , uts , and Swedish bikers, definitely be a fly camp way up in the bush via the Katamaringi track.

northdude
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty View Post
    about 2and 1/2 km up from the capark on the left of the track theres a good north facing campsite to flycamp away from the crowds and good hunting once your up there . last time i was up there the track was so washed out you would struggle to get a quad up there.....which is a good thing means less people going up there
    Maybe its really washed out now there's a sighn saying the roads closed now

yea nah the signs been up for a while since before mid october ....its still walkable.....cant see DOC fixing it anytime soon or ever but thats probably a good thing means only the keen people go up there

Hey Anthony, how is the road in there, tried to have look last time I was down there with my focus but a tree across the road. In on main road then onto south road I think, now have a 4x4 and if you got in there with a camper should be ok for my caravan, have never been in there but would like to have look.

Ok, Have checked out my Mitsi and I can sleep in the back with the seats folded up, so will base camp at okahu and car fly camp up south road just to have look in there. Coming into Piropiro flats, as you past the farm on the right just at end have seen some goats around there.

Quote Originally Posted by homebrew.357 View Post
    Ok, Have checked out my Mitsi and I can sleep in the back with the seats folded up, so will base camp at okahu and car fly camp up south road just to have look in there. Coming into Piropiro flats, as you past the farm on the right just at end have seen some goats around there.
    Mate the road is washed out like fuck we lost a few coffe cups and beers on the road but should be alright in a 4x4 the guy Doug I went with was one of the big daddy’s in the West Auckland 4x4 club so he wasint faised hahah nah I wouldn’t take a camper but you’ll be fine in a 4x4