Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree91Likes

Thread: Wicked evening

Fantastic mate.......what an experience, bet she thinks your the bestest dad in the whole world.....
    Boaraxa likes this.
    While I might not be as good as I once was, Im as good once as I ever was!

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

Quote Originally Posted by Gapped axe View Post
    Time spent with the Kids out side is time well spent. Obviously got her good looks from Mum.
    Be a little easier on her dad if she a had beard lol ...few less boys be hanging around when she's older

Quote Originally Posted by Boaraxa View Post
    Be a little easier on her dad if she a had beard lol ...few less boys be hanging around when she's older
    Well, you are shooting the Mauser pretty straight!!!

Awesome right up brother, you are a legend!!!
    Boaraxa likes this.

Great stuff @Boaraxa!! I've got my eldest (8 yrs) out this coming weekend for his first hunt - hope we're as successful as you two were!!
    Boaraxa likes this.

Awesome mate
    I cant wait till my two boys show an interest. Main problem is I'm only figuring it out myself
    Thanks for the story
    Boaraxa likes this.

Very cool story. The deer is the icing on the cake!
    Boaraxa likes this.

@Matt-j @i41do2 Hey im still an amateur but I think first & foremost is you need to plan things a little so somewhere the kids can actually walk a bit , forest/farm or old logging track etc, food/water & warm cloths is a must even when its hot as we no it cools down pretty quick in the hills but kids feel it way more than us , I got a we reminder in the story above , once I had shot the deer I realised pretty quick that iv got the wee girl there dark is on the way & there is a deer that needs carried out , luckily I kind of had it worked out before we left home but even so its something to think about , sort that stuff out & man the kids will love it wether you see/shoot a deer or not as there is so many interesting things for them in the hills I think "fun" is the word & luckly its us dads that are there with them , iv already been thinking of the next mish , catching koura , light supper (noodles ) & a wee stalk ...Good luck

Great story and so well told thanks!
    Boaraxa likes this.

Thanks for the advice @Boaraxa. I managed to get a block in the Blue Mountains so luckily we're able to hunt straight from the truck. I've planned four different hunt options of various distance - but having never been there before I need to wait to see what a couple of them look like in terms of how dense the bush is. Whichever way it goes it should be a lot of fun - better than being stuck inside..!
    PERRISCICABA likes this.

Good read!
    Boaraxa likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt-j View Post
    Thanks for the advice @Boaraxa. I managed to get a block in the Blue Mountains so luckily we're able to hunt straight from the truck. I've planned four different hunt options of various distance - but having never been there before I need to wait to see what a couple of them look like in terms of how dense the bush is. Whichever way it goes it should be a lot of fun - better than being stuck inside..!
    @Matt-j hey one block I would recommend is long gully its pretty good mostly flat , track is a little overgrown but easy to follow , shortish walk & passes through clearings , Good luck...let us no how you get on !
    PERRISCICABA likes this.