Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: WOMEN HUNTERS? YOUR THOUGHTS!!

WOMEN HUNTERS? YOUR THOUGHTS
    I was one once but about 30 years ago I caught one and that was the end of it.
    Spanners likes this.
    "You'll never find a rainbow if you're looking down" Charlie Chaplin

sturg4
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohawk660 View Post
    Ok right off the bat I'm not sexist this is just some early morning light banter so any ladies out there please dont take offence.

Lets start.... Yes I have a lovely partner (Lady) And do generally like the fairer sex apart from 1 week amonth when I try and make myself scarce!!!

My partner loves the water and asked me to teach her how to dive and tag along, whislest I enjoy doing things with my partner I like doing things on my own or with only my male mates..... So the deal was yes I will teach you to dive but theres is no way your coming on a boys trip or am I spending all my ive trips with u....

Have u seen how long it takes a women to get a dive suit on ??????!!!!!!!

Anyway I digress, on the way home from Oamaru hut with no sucess I thought I would drop into the Taupo ADULT SHOP ( hunting and fishing) not the other type of adult shop.

I was shooting the shit with one of the lads from H&F when a young fella (19- 22 yrs young)walks in proud as punch with his lady on his arm and a a fist fill of wedge (Cash) and proceeds to buy himself a brand spanking new rifle. The guy from H&F told me the young fella had got his misses into shooting and was going to take her hunting in the bush so she would inherit his old rifle.

At this point we both looked at each other and laughed out tits off!!!

This poor lad had clearly not thought this thru!!!! I couldnt imagine anything worse that taking my misses into the bush god bless her.

She would bitch and moan about the heavy pack, or that she had broken a nail , let alone get blood on her hands while gutting out an animal.

Argh bugger it good luck young fella you will need it!!!

Now before I finsih , hunting for me is not all about shoot shit whilst I enjoy some game meat as much as the next bloke . I am realistic to realise that not everytime you will go for a hunt will I get lucky. And just enjoy going hunting with mates with a similar bond getting out of the house roughing it a bit and getting a way from the misses.

Women and hunting for me no thanks!!! 3-4 days in the bush with my misses NO F&*king WAY!!!!!!!! Your thoughts???

I will now sit on the couch ,coffee in hand and let the entertainment unfold.
    Oh dear 'Mohawk' statements like this are bound to see you go 'shagless' for long periods of your life. Especially if you truly hold the attitude that goes with this statement.

Before we were married my Wife used to come up as often as possible to the Hunting block as she could manage. We were packing the deer out on horses then. She loved the horse work and was bloody handy bringing the horses along the bush edge to pick up the deer and take them out while we carried on hunting.

We got married and within a fortnight we were back up there living in a hut back to the old game using the horses and bringing out lots of deer. They were the golden days when venison rose in a year from 28cents a pound to over a dollar. During the winter we trapped. The only time I ever had to tack out a skin was when we got a bit overloaded during long fine spells. She could tack out 20 skins an hour and make a much neater job than I could and brush them up so they shined. Not only that she would run her own small trapline as well. Because we were a good team we made money, lots and lots of money. Living the way we did was cheaper so we saved our money and life now is sweet

We kept this sort of life up until our first child needed schooling and then moved to Taupo and got involved in the aerial recovery game.

Dont get the idea that I am describing some sort of 'bush pig" here, a description I have heard used by some people

My Wife was and remains one of the most attractive woman ever to come out Waikato.

We still spend time up in the hills and run the odd trapline...next summer we plan on visiting many of the huts we have know in the Ruahines. The old girl is as excited as hell.
    Last edited by Scribe; 25-06-2012 at 12:40 PM.

got any daughters in the 18-24 Y/O bracket scribe? hopefully the apple hasn't fallen too far from the tree
    Im2lazy likes this.

Ok right off the bat I'm not sexist this is just some early morning light banter so any ladies out there please dont take offence.

Lets start.... Yes I have a lovely partner (Lady) And do generally like the fairer sex apart from 1 week amonth when I try and make myself scarce!!!

My partner loves the water and asked me to teach her how to dive and tag along, whislest I enjoy doing things with my partner I like doing things on my own or with only my male mates..... So the deal was yes I will teach you to dive but theres is no way your coming on a boys trip or am I spending all my ive trips with u....

Have u seen how long it takes a women to get a dive suit on ??????!!!!!!!

Anyway I digress, on the way home from Oamaru hut with no sucess I thought I would drop into the Taupo ADULT SHOP ( hunting and fishing) not the other type of adult shop.

I was shooting the shit with one of the lads from H&F when a young fella (19- 22 yrs young)walks in proud as punch with his lady on his arm and a a fist fill of wedge (Cash) and proceeds to buy himself a brand spanking new rifle. The guy from H&F told me the young fella had got his misses into shooting and was going to take her hunting in the bush so she would inherit his old rifle.

At this point we both looked at each other and laughed out tits off!!!

This poor lad had clearly not thought this thru!!!! I couldnt imagine anything worse that taking my misses into the bush god bless her.

She would bitch and moan about the heavy pack, or that she had broken a nail , let alone get blood on her hands while gutting out an animal.

Argh bugger it good luck young fella you will need it!!!

Now before I finsih , hunting for me is not all about shoot shit whilst I enjoy some game meat as much as the next bloke . I am realistic to realise that not everytime you will go for a hunt will I get lucky. And just enjoy going hunting with mates with a similar bond getting out of the house roughing it a bit and getting a way from the misses.

Women and hunting for me no thanks!!! 3-4 days in the bush with my misses NO F&*king WAY!!!!!!!! Your thoughts???

I will now sit on the couch ,coffee in hand and let the entertainment unfold.
    Mohawk old boy I recon you're SAD, SAD, SAD

I take my misses to a hut out in the scrub once in a while, just to get out of town, not real hard core trips.

In the weekend just gone the kids (7 & 8yrs) Mum and myself were shooting goats. Me and and the kids raced off after a couple of stinkys and when we got back the misses had gutted and dragged a couple of goats up to the bike, now that was a first. Oh it was raining and blowing it's ring out too.

Now don't get we wrong, I wouldn't want to take the family every trip.

sturg4
    Both my daughters are in their late 30s now 'bill' christ how time flys.

Please God, you should give hunters double the allotted three score and ten years from the bible. Because when life is so good it goes past you so very very fast.
    Bill999 likes this.

If this is a serious thread, I think its great to see women hunting and getting involved with firearms.

I do take the missus on the odd walk, she wants to come on some proper trips, I've just got to sort one out that won't put her off.

Jokes aside, why wouldn't I want my best mate to head into the hills with me, especially if she's keen as to get into it?

If you head bush to get away from your missus, sounds like you're with the wrong one.
    gimp, Wildman, veitnamcam and 8 others like this.

Hi Dougie.....,

Good to see your into your hunting and and outdoors.... Im sure you been a solider can mix it up with the best of the boys and show a few of them up to!

Your quote reffering to middle age, bugger it ... Your right I guess I have hit that age group now. Some days I feel 50 other days I fee 22... Trust me age catches up with everyone.

Any way.... Good luck with your hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshC View Post
    If this is a serious thread, I think its great to see women hunting and getting involved with firearms.

I do take the missus on the odd walk, she wants to come on some proper trips, I've just got to sort one out that won't put her off.

Jokes aside, why wouldn't I want my best mate to head into the hills with me, especially if she's keen as to get into it?

If you head bush to get away from your missus, sounds like you're with the wrong one.

OK..... Time to kill the thread...... This is not a serious thread at all!!!! It was a PISS TAKE and if offense has been caused I apoligise.

No offense taken. They're just my thoughts, some of them tongue-in-cheek

Scribe, you sound like the man I like what you said about 'bush pigs" - chicks are capable of looking the part in an evening dress while also holding their own in the great outdoors!
    falconhell and eltoro like this.

Good to see your into your hunting and and outdoors.... Im sure you been a solider can mix it up with the best of the boys and show a few of them up to!
    Cheers mate, I sure can give it as well as I can take it. I'm actually back in Wellies because of an injury sustained during a one-on-twenty agression training session.. (I won the game, but I think my shoulder ultimately lost against the ground in the end!)

sturg4

OK..... Time to kill the thread...... This is not a serious thread at all!!!! It was a PISS TAKE and if offense has been caused I apoligise.
    Of course it was, It is nice to see what people think. Probably though, we need a better atitude toward getting more woman and chidren into the bush...You see, many Women have this perception that they are not welcome to accompany there husbands boyfriends into the bush.

I say get the mothers into the bush and we will get the children into the bush as well. If the mountains and river valleys do capture the hearts of our children, then the hills will be alive once more with hunters.

If we dont I fear we will have handed this country over without a fight and all Future Animal control will be taken out of our hands and handed to DOC, Regional Councils and Animal Health Board on a plate.

I am afraid to say folks this means Animal Control by Aerial Poison Drops ..."Green Rain"
    Pointer likes this.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Words of wisdom Scribe but I am sad to say my wife is simply not interested in hunting and nor have any of my daughters ever expressed interest. I have taken a nephew several times and one of my grandsons on one occassion but the grandsons are city kids and still a bit young and the nephew is now more interested in chasing skirt (i guess that happens to all young fella's). As to DoC and poison drops, don't get me started. I bailed up the Parliamentary Commissioner for the Environment (Dr Jan Wright) while she was in the process of investigating the use of 1080 and offered to take her into the bush to show her the silence. She never took me up my offer and then subsequently released a report endorsing the use of the stuff.

One thing that makes me a little less than chuffed is the lack of knowledge about firearms. My flatmate is strickly "no guns in the house" as she just doesn't have a clue about firearms and how they can be very safely stored.

In saying that, the mother in law is very against firearms as my father in law's brother was killed at the young age of 18 by his best mate on a hunting trip. I'm unsure of the exact circumstances but he was shot in the head nearly point-blank. It was a complete accident. (But obviously carelessness was the cause of such a terrible loss.)

I couldnt imagine anything worse that taking my misses into the bush god bless her.She would bitch and moan about the heavy pack, or that she had broken a nail , let alone get blood on her hands while gutting out an animal.
    Sounds like you got the wrong sort of missus