Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree86Likes

Thread: WOMEN HUNTERS? YOUR THOUGHTS!!

Scribe hit the nail on the head

[ Oh dear 'Mohawk' statements like this are bound to see you go 'shagless' for long periods of your life. Especially if you truly hold the attitude that goes with this statement.]

Geez i remember them days dollar a kg for head shots , prices slowly climbed though two bucks and up ,velvet reach a bit over a hundy - hard work but fun times , whish i new then what i no now ,still most of what i no now was learnt back in that erea , payed for a FJ 40 and a new XB falcon with a 223, 243 ,and the ole go to rifle - 1914 smle cut down still have it , my girl friend then which is my wife now spent alot of time with me back then,and she still loves hunting ,back in 2009 we hunted all most every weekend and took over 50 reds and sika in that year .We get out bout once a month now our horses keep use busy so its a case of cant do everything and she softened a little and demands i lug the swag in on any trip say the grounds to hard on her she's porbably right she late 40ties now : )) .Any hunter with a wife keen enough to want to join you on a trip idd say take her you mite learn some thing ,she may end up a better hunter then your big ego lol

I've carried my share of venison out, thousands of possums, know my local mountain very well... It was never a contest between me and the males of the family nor friends...it was because I love the wilderness, the dear old mountain, the bush night, the birds, and that early morning with some sassy little Jap yikeing away over the gully...I find great solace in the wilderness and feel safer out there than anywhere...all the material clutter we hang on to, as the ancient mariner did the albatross around his neck, does not count a jot when you out there...and I do not see how being a female makes that any different...
    veitnamcam, Dundee, Dougie and 1 others like this.

R93
    Everyone thinks their kids are great but I can say for a fact my wee daughter is going to be a heart breaker. She definately didnt get her looks from me as I have had official letters begging me not to breed.
    She is mad on everything outdoors, more so than her brother.
    I will be proud as punch if she keeps her interest in hunting and shooting. I cant wait till she is of age to come out on my regular wanders.
    falconhell, Supamu and kiwijames like this.

I'm not taking mine, I took her rabbit shooting once and even with a gaping hole in a rabbit she thought it was suffering because it wiggled.
    Kiwi Greg likes this.
    If its guns, tits or tyres it's going to cost you lots of money

AB Precision
    Iv taken the misses away hunting for weekends these nothing apart from whitetail that she has not shot of seen while hunting, like taking her on the odd trip for a change, wouldnt di it everytime but is good getting away in back blocks together

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by tui_man2 View Post
    Iv taken the misses away hunting for weekends these nothing apart from whitetail that she has not shot of seen while hunting, like taking her on the odd trip for a change, wouldnt di it everytime but is good getting away in back blocks together

Willis may object to being called a girl Abe!
    Have you told the ginga mutton about this site? He needs to come over.

AB Precision
    I have but you know what hes like haha

Ill see the lanky bugger this week tho have couple his things to haha

Hes hard work to go hunting with the cunt dont walk he runs, well i run to keep up haha

At the risk of getting hung, Some of the best trips I have had has been with the wife. More so in spending some good quality time together away from the shit of everyday life.
    She has her own 6.5x55 and will carry it all day, every day. When we go bush, it is always by air to a hut for a week. The meals are generally frozen casseroles so no cooking and minimal washup for the week.
    Best 1 week holidays we have together
    Cordite likes this.

While she may not be a shooter or hunter, Mrs Gruff does like to come for a walk into some of the high country. She has a great set of eyes and has spotted some mobs of goats that I missed so much of the meat in the freezer is down to her. A cup of tea looking out over this contry before the off is one of the memorable bits for us both.

Von Gruff.
    Dundee, Dougie and Cordite like this.

I enjoy hunting by myself, with my missus, with my son, or with a mate.
    veitnamcam, Supamu, Dundee and 2 others like this.

R93
    Von Gruff, taking the missus is all good as she is an asset. You might wanna reconsider taking that..... mop end??... A real dog may come along and choke on it.
    falconhell, Dundee and chux75 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    Von Gruff, taking the missus is all good as she is an asset. You might wanna reconsider taking that..... mop end??... A real dog may come along and choke on it.
    A "no comment" is the only suitable reply to a post like that.

Von Gruff.

sturg4
    Quote Originally Posted by R93 View Post
    Damned handy dog though if the hut broom is broken, lead it up and down the hut a couple of time and 'wahoo' shes all done and DUSTED.
    Pointer and Dundee like this.

R93
    Quote Originally Posted by Von Gruff. View Post
    A "no comment" is the only suitable reply to a post like that.

Von Gruff.
    Sorry mate, it was tongue in cheek. No harm meant.

With comments being made like those above I dont think this is a forum I will be staying with.

Loging out.

Von Gruff.