Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Are you a member of NZDA?

Kiwishooter
    They never spin or twitch as bad as they did for WBC in 2001........that week they blew over from the wind and rain, a few days after that first photo was taken. Anyway I'd rather have it blowing than like it is in that 2nd photo.
    Grasshopper likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by RimfireNZ View Post
    I'm a member of the Auckland branch. Mostly for use of the range though.
    +1

I also have range card for North Auckland.

I'll go to the range at least once a month, mostly for tinkering with new hand loads, so holding range cards is well worth it, especially with the $20 non member casual fee or even the member $10 non range card fee. I'll shoot all day happily.

Did a party hunt one time, no deer were shot and lots of talk, but that is what happens when big groups go to one area. I was complete newbie too.

Through me, North Auckland have access to my rellie's farm for the Hunts training course, so I've given something back.

I'm also studying part time, so get a student membership (50% off), its small fry in the big scheme of things. Happy to continue paying.
    Last edited by dogmatix; 19-07-2012 at 07:50 PM.
    Welcome to Sako club.

Yup I am a member of the Drury branch.... no range ATM though but I have access to land anyway.... Paid about a hundy from memory and they do enough hunts and some Clay bird/ target shoot days that are quite enjoyable ..... Some with a rather warped sense of humour but that adds to the fun
    Fishing ... Hunting its all good

Banned
    Im just about to join the Ruahine branch for 60 bukka and they do around 10 hunts a year and one of the senior members runs farmlands so there are cheep deals going thru him for the local deerstalkers.And also tha ten mill liability cover which i dont know two much abnout yet.

$210 sounds like a rip off. Our hunting club in Wanganui charges $40.

Yup I am a member of porirua

Nay on my part never really interested me NZDA local WBOP Fish & Game is on my round to it list

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwishooter View Post
    I think NZDA membership should be compulsory, National office does do a lot of promotion, research and makes a lot of submissions on hunting and access issues plus animal mangement plans, this benefits ALL hunters not just NZDA members. If you are planning on being a member for a number of years and can afford it an endowment membership is good value.
    The $40.00 range fee is pretty cheap as well, and while my local branch doesn't have any organised range shooting or even a range that has easy access and no facility for shooting beyond 100m I am still a NZDA member, just at a different branch that caters to my needs. The fees we pay to join NZDA are certainly cheaper than joining a golf club.

Hunter308 I'm surprised there isn't much hunting related stuff at the Tokoroa branch I know a few members and I know they all hunt. From what I understand the complex was built mainly by employees of the mill so I can imagine why it has such a strong target shooting following..........there are also branches of NZDA that are strong on hunting with no target shooting.

I was talking to a new shooter the other day and they were quite surprised that there was no real practical instruction on using firearms or hunting to get their firearms license, it got me thinking about the number of firearm "accidents" that seem to be occuring.........is it because of the lack of this instruction.

To give a comparison of club membership fees, I was talking to a friend in the US a while ago and he mentioned about joining his local rifle club so he could use the range facilities..........the joining fee was something like US$800 and a 2-3 year wait........imagine having that many members that you had to limit the membership.
    In reply to statement that the Range was built by Mill Staff I was involved at the Time . The Mill was being was being restructured at the time and certain people from the local clubs had the right contacts to get stuff donated but others who did not work there had the foresight that the shooting scene was changing so went to Council and sorted current lease.The Range that is Now At Tokoroa was build by the members who were mostly Hunters.It has since been added to and build up by target Shooters to the fine rooms and facilities that are available for use of any member.

Just joined North Auck, any others here?