Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Younger Members

Professional Armed Tramper lost's Avatar
    23 years young, been at it since young but due to Uni and what not haven't really had many opportunities. But with a move down to NP next month, I'm hoping thats all gonna change!! Also, pretty sure the bow doesn't need to be in safe, never heard of such thing til now. Both of mine are just lying around the house/room..

im 20. been hunting/ shooting for as long as i can remember. don't get out on deer as often as id like to. mostly ducks and rabbits an that sort of thing. i've been going to the easter bunny shoot in alex since i was 7. stopped going in 2010 tho.

Quote Originally Posted by lost View Post
    23 years young, been at it since young but due to Uni and what not haven't really had many opportunities. But with a move down to NP next month, I'm hoping thats all gonna change!! Also, pretty sure the bow doesn't need to be in safe, never heard of such thing til now. Both of mine are just lying around the house/room..
    I'm feeling old now that all these ages are coming out!

Hey lost, what did you study/for how long?
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

I'm 23, 24 in January. Finished Uni, get out at least once a week. Shoot more with the camera these days, learn't a hell of a lot from observing... still take the odd animal for meat.
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded

Quote Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
    I'm feeling old now that all these ages are coming out!

Hey lost, what did you study/for how long?
    Joys of the internet huh?! Haha I did Civil Engineering at Auckland Uni, but specialized at structural engineering where I mainly learnt about earthquakes on multistorey buildings. But will be working for a company in New Plymouth next month, designing oil rigs Oh and that was a 4 year degree

Joys of the internet huh?! Haha I did Civil Engineering at Auckland Uni, but specialized at structural engineering where I mainly learnt about earthquakes on multistorey buildings. But will be working for a company in New Plymouth next month, designing oil rigs Oh and that was a 4 year degree
    Well done mate!! Did you just finish? That's a great accomplishment, you'll be glad to join the work force after all that huh.

And yeah good old interwebs - I fully thought RagingBull was an old codger, not many people our age seem to appreciate such things of beauty like the classic planes mentioned in those other threads
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

27, been hunting for 2 years now, bagged 2 deer (Whitetail, 10pt Red Stag), 2 pigs, numerous trees and vapourised a stoat last weekend with my .270
    Being a townie i knew nothing about hunting but bought and read as many books as i could on it, now my book collection is worth more than my rifle!
    The people i go hunting with at all late 40s-50s, have kids, morgages, old injuries and other reasons they can't hunt on a regular basis.
    I've tried to get my mates into hunting, they say they could be keen but when ever you try to plan stuff they always pike... its getting them off the playstation thats the real problem

Well done mate!! Did you just finish? That's a great accomplishment, you'll be glad to join the work force after all that huh.

And yeah good old interwebs - I fully thought RagingBull was an old codger, not many people our age seem to appreciate such things of beauty like the classic planes mentioned in those other threads
    Finished last year actually, just been lazing around enjoying being a bum before I get in the real world!! Haha Looking forward to making me some $$$

It's bloody awesome to see, cus up the range I'm on the young side of things (pretty sure I'm the youngest RO at my local NZDA). Looks like this sport sure ain't gonna be lost anytime soon!!

Good stuff

I really love the take a kid hunting threads on here. Awesome to see young people (super young people!) getting amongst it. I wish I had a little more direction and instruction when I was younger. It's amazing to head out into the bush with someone that was practically born there and has about a billion years experience (yeah that's right 7mmsaum, you're about a billion!) sooooooooooooo much to learn.

Haha, to be honest I probably wouldn't have the same interest/appreciation for them if it wasn't for my family history with the RAF and the RNZAF. Also it helps seeing/hearing Harvards and/or a Spitfire flying overhead on a regular basis.
    Last edited by Raging Bull; 07-12-2012 at 09:43 AM.
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded

Lost what bows do you have? Been
    Getting much with em? Good feeling to be finished uni hey! In a couple of months you'll forget hoe poor you were!

Dougie what do you do for coin? And too true on the kid hunting Threads that's what it's about!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackp. View Post
    Lost what bows do you have? Been
    Getting much with em? Good feeling to be finished uni hey! In a couple of months you'll forget hoe poor you were!

Dougie what do you do for coin? And too true on the kid hunting Threads that's what it's about!
    Since leaving the army, trying to pursue my dream of being a dog handler for money lol! I am studing Vet Nursing next year, in the mean time I work part time at a vet/cattery (ich, cats!) and also do private dog training. I have a handful of clients now that are all leash-reactive dogs so a lot of time is spent conducting my own study on behaviour and aggression. It's really interesting and I am very happy but poor lol

Got a DXT and a Maxxis 35 (meant to be for target but that went down the drain, lucky I got it in matte black!) And nope, been pretty damn hard with it!! Can't seem to close the distance down to bow range, always seem to be within rifle range when I've got the bow, and when I have the rifle, everything is up close >.<

where are you from lost? I just got into bow hunting, all I have shot is goats and pigeons so far. only taken it out twice haha. if your up on the waikato I should be able to get you a goat if you want

Got a DXT and a Maxxis 35 (meant to be for target but that went down the drain, lucky I got it in matte black!) And nope, been pretty damn hard with it!! Can't seem to close the distance down to bow range, always seem to be within rifle range when I've got the bow, and when I have the rifle, everything is up close >.<
    Yeh I havent heard of those bows really, I only know the common hunting ones. I have a bear Mauler 60-70lb and after dealing with a massive draw length for ages I realised that I'm not 30" but actually 26.5". Which shocked me becaause I have a bow hunting mate smaller than me using 28". I have got a few things with it, had a few very close calls with deer this year but no dice, got one of the hunts for a little 8 pt red on camera. Try sctoch calling hares in the summer months. From about now to start of march they come screaming in to it! along with the odd cheeky red dog.

Good stuff there dougie, how long were you in the army for? So I take it then your a bit keen on the dogs? have any hunting ones yourself?