Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Younger Members

Army for 5 odd years (not consecutive) involved with cadets 10+ years. Have a 'companion' dog who wears many hats - therapy (in hospitals, he seems to particularly enjoy the company of dementia patients), obedience and rally-o which are both fuckin' boring and we are going to stop doing them now haha, agility and also helps out to train aggressive dogs We've done a small amount of tracking SAR stuff when he was younger but he sucked at it. Now that he has turned on his nose, we're doing another tracking course in January up north. I'd be stoked if he was up for LandSAR or USAR.

Hunting dog is on the list of things to do...maybe in a year or so. But I am also wanting a SAR dog so if Jettybabe doesn't quite hit the mark I will probably get a Malinois from a tracking background.

I caught up with an old mate last week who just got a job as a dog handler for MAF. I seriously thought he was kidding, he doesn't really like dogs and BAM got the job - bastard!!!!

You got a hunting pooch? Potlicker?
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt

ebf
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
    he seems to particularly enjoy the company of dementia patients
    I knew there was a reason he seemed ok with me
    Dougie and kiwi39 like this.

Professional Armed Tramper lost's Avatar
    PerazziSC3 you're a bloody top bloke, will flick you a PM mate.

JackP., just realized that I never mentioned the brand!! Mathews DXT which is cranked to 70 at the moment, and the other is a Hoyt Maxxis 35 which is maxed at 60. Hahaha finally I meet someone with a shorter DL than me!! By half an inch But I'll take that one!! Hahaha

I'm 25. Got my firearms license 5 years ago now. Goes fast.

Mostly clear up bunnies and possums from the local farms (into the multiple thousands now). Haven't bagged a deer on DOC land yet (quite a few goats though), but I've shot over a dozen deer on various properties.

Found (and still am finding) it very hard to get into deerstalking. I'm not really finding being a member of the NZDA being much help in that regard.

I'm an avid shooter though. I go through about 500 rounds of 22 a week just practicing on the range I set up on the farm.

Being from Auckland doesn't help as everywhere within a few hours drive has been hunted or poisoned to the point where I'm lucky if I see any sign
    Gotta make the effort to go down to the middle of the north island and do some door knocking.

Im 28 wish i was a millionare so i could quit work and go bush for ever shoot deer and make home brew

24. 25 in a few weeks, been hunting about 3 years, try and get out once a month at the mo.

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by samba View Post
    Im 28 wish i was a millionare
    Stop wishing Samba. Find something you like doing, become really good at it and then find a way to get people to pay you to do it. You can make it happen.
    kiwi39 likes this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

18 years old. Got my FAL and first firearm this year.

22 here been tramping and hunting since i was 12ish. Get out just about every weekend dependant on the weather

Banned
    How much would people pay to watch me having a fap?

Banned
    I reckon you gonna go far mate from what ive seen so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Dougie View Post
    Army for 5 odd years (not consecutive) involved with cadets 10+ years. Have a 'companion' dog who wears many hats - therapy (in hospitals, he seems to particularly enjoy the company of dementia patients), obedience and rally-o which are both fuckin' boring and we are going to stop doing them now haha, agility and also helps out to train aggressive dogs We've done a small amount of tracking SAR stuff when he was younger but he sucked at it. Now that he has turned on his nose, we're doing another tracking course in January up north. I'd be stoked if he was up for LandSAR or USAR.

Hunting dog is on the list of things to do...maybe in a year or so. But I am also wanting a SAR dog so if Jettybabe doesn't quite hit the mark I will probably get a Malinois from a tracking background.

I caught up with an old mate last week who just got a job as a dog handler for MAF. I seriously thought he was kidding, he doesn't really like dogs and BAM got the job - bastard!!!!

You got a hunting pooch? Potlicker?
    Sounds pretty sweet as long as your doing what you love. Is there much coin in it once you finish your degree? Nah we haven't been allowed to own hunting dogs in my part of the state really (well not use them so it's been pointless) but I have a few running dogs for foxes and hares. My personal one is a whippet named "sika" he's a little character! Loves scaling the 5ft fence every couple of days for a roam though the ratbag!

My family all have whippets, five of them all up! Cool wee things. And nope not much coin at all just job satisfaction, and the training isn't very expensive.
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

I have been hunting since I was 5 using the old Brno model 2 with the old shit box scope. Shootin heaps of rabbits and the odd fox. Now I am 20 and I live to hunt deer, I do a fair bit of spotlighting on the foxes, Roos, rabbit with the 223. Was at nz first time this yr on the sika and loved it and planning a trip for next yr on the west coast.
    Dougie likes this.

They're mad little buggers hey but good and loyal! Yeh that's awesome If you love your job that much, not everyone is so lucky.