Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Your view

Years ago when poisoning I had a heap that had expired so we destroyed them one by one.
    Im glad my heart was strong back then☺
    My favorite sentences i like to hear are - I suppose so. and Send It!

sturg4
    Quote Originally Posted by res View Post
    Lol no, he is a lawyer! But he is a keen backcountry fly fisherman so you never know who is sharing the hut with you
    A delicate shudder has just passed down my spine . Rampant possum trapper is probably more frightening than Rampant Lawyer.

Lets not talk about that anymore.

More pleasant subject...You were obviously in the pest control game. Who did you work for may I ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Scribe View Post
    A delicate shudder has just passed down my spine . Rampant possum trapper is probably more frightening than Rampant Lawyer.

Lets not talk about that anymore.

More pleasant subject...You were obviously in the pest control game. Who did you work for may I ask.
    Just about halfway through your newbook and enjoying it heaps!
    You havnt put any amyl nitrite stories in so far.
    Need another shit day tommorow to finish it!

sturg4
    Quote Originally Posted by andyanimal31 View Post
    Just about halfway through your newbook and enjoying it heaps!
    You havnt put any amyl nitrite stories in so far.
    Need another shit day tommorow to finish it!
    Glad you are enjoying it Andy

Did I hear a few weeks back that you have seen the light and brought a 223 Andy???

And didn't I tell you that I had lost the one and only Photo of Sandshoe Charlie. Well I have found it.

I just posted it in the Thread 'Little Clarification Needed' I need to take it to the experts and see what they can do with it. I havnt got the original.
    Last edited by Scribe; 06-10-2014 at 10:29 PM.

res
    I spent the late 90's and the first couple of years of the 00's working for doc in a few do anything roles. Tracks,huts,bio work,control work. I'm sure you will hate it but spent a lot of time loading 1080 into hoppers one year. Blasted a few goats another. Did very little ground bait stuff but they put me thru that course as well just to use some more tax $. Carted a lot of traps on stupid terrain.

Long story cut short, I loved my time in the bush but hated the attitude of some I worked with and the stance of the department on a few things. So seeking real money I left. Should have done it sooner. Sure I spend less time in the bush but it's on my terms now
    Using Tapatalk

Was just stating what I've seen before when one branch of the hunting fraternity picks off another, which the anti's love.
    Saw it happen when the move was made to ban military style semi's, it received some support from other hunters who used more conventual firearms. Once the ball starts rolling you never know when it will stop.

sturg4
    Quote Originally Posted by tetawa View Post
    Was just stating what I've seen before when one branch of the hunting fraternity picks off another, which the anti's love.
    Saw it happen when the move was made to ban military style semi's, it received some support from other hunters who used more conventual firearms. Once the ball starts rolling you never know when it will stop.
    You are bloody right there 'tetawa'

Though Military style firearms, or hunting butterflies on horseback may not appeal to me but I would not be a critic because we only provide more ammunition to the Anti Hunting lobby.

I think a lot of the outrage against so called poachers will eventually harm us as well.

Glad you are enjoying it Andy

Did I hear a few weeks back that you have seen the light and brought a 223 Andy???

And didn't I tell you that I had lost the one and only Photo of Sandshoe Charlie. Well I have found it.

I just posted it in the Thread 'Little Clarification Needed' I need to take it to the experts and see what they can do with it. I havnt got the original.
    I just finished the book and really enjoyed thanks scribe.
    It makes a difference when you know alot of the places you talk about so fondly and your mates that I have meet with you over the years out on the mangaohane plateau.
    We are fencing there at the moment but no hunting as lambing and the new manager giving it a rest from hunting pressure!
    As far as a new rifle goes I bought a new lithgow .22lr but alas no .223 as I love my old trusty 22-250 so no havnt seen the light yet!
    Looking forward to a catch up next time ya through
    I see the photo of charlie is at the westlorne hut which is still standing and been preserved I think.
    What year do ya reckon that photo was taken?

I'm going to get that book Scribe. Any mention of the war torn rabbitter that Andy and you know?
    "Thats not a knife, this is a knife"
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    CFD

tps://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?iso=20180505T00&p0=264&msg=Dundees+Countdo wn+to+Gamebird+Season+2018&font=cursive

I think a lot of the outrage against so called poachers will eventually harm us as well.
    Wot? and it hasn't already??????
    ...amitie, respect mutuel et amour...

...le beau et le bon, cela rime avec Breton!...

sturg4
    Quote Originally Posted by EeeBees View Post
    Wot? and it hasn't already??????
    Bit like a rat in a henhouse really. Lots of noise and feathers flying.

sturg4
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundee View Post
    I'm going to get that book Scribe. Any mention of the war torn rabbitter that Andy and you know?
    Thanks for the confidence Dundee I am sure you will enjoy it.

I am like you a bit uncomfortable with that story about the Rabbitor. Sort of a 'But for the Grace of God Go I" feeling.

sturg4
    Quote Originally Posted by andyanimal31 View Post
    I just finished the book and really enjoyed thanks scribe.
    It makes a difference when you know alot of the places you talk about so fondly and your mates that I have meet with you over the years out on the mangaohane plateau.
    We are fencing there at the moment but no hunting as lambing and the new manager giving it a rest from hunting pressure!
    As far as a new rifle goes I bought a new lithgow .22lr but alas no .223 as I love my old trusty 22-250 so no havnt seen the light yet!
    Looking forward to a catch up next time ya through
    I see the photo of charlie is at the westlorne hut which is still standing and been preserved I think.
    What year do ya reckon that photo was taken?
    Thanks Andy. I must have forgotten what calibre you were talking about. Nothing wrong with the 22-250 mostly they had to be loaded back a bit to get the best out of the projectiles available at the time so they were doing about 3600. Not much faster than the 223 but I think there are better projectiles that make it a great killer.

I don't know what year that photo was taken and I wish I remembered who sent me this copy of the photo.

I think I told you I found a couple of Sandshoe Charlies campsites out the back of Ohinewairua. The bunk was only about 4 foot fuck all long and the roof wasn't much higher.

Scribe