Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By T.FOYE

Thread: + 1 for Skinner afyer market iron sights

+ 1 for Skinner after market iron sights

Easy to order off their web page
    and they arrived in less than 2 weeks.
    I got this front sight and tested it with the factory rear and ranger point clover rear.

Tbh I like the factory ghost ring... but that deer hider 3000 front sight had to go. Whose idea was that thing?

(Marlin 45-70SBL)
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    JohnDuxbury likes this.

This is the Ranger Point Precision integral rail / sight. It's a short rail which really changed the look of the rifle. Deffinately made it more traditional looking. But for me I'm thinking I might just keep the long rail on it for now. It's handy to have a bit more room to put the red dot on if I need it in low light

Name:  Screenshot_20230201_225725_Gallery.jpg
Views: 188
Size:  241.1 KB

Did you import the Ranger Point yourself? Need to sort some sort of sighting system for the Win 9422M that’s languishing in the safe. It is pretty though!!
    “Age is a very high price to pay for maturity”

I would be inclined to take the top off that rear ghost ring thing.
    would have 2 green dots and 3 remaining points for aiming and the top would be clear
    I like it though

I'm sure someone here can provide better advice, but is the science behind peep sights/ghost rings not that your eye centers itself in the ring so ring is a blur and focus on front sight, should not be using pins and dots on rear to aim then it becomes the same a a v sight??

Quote Originally Posted by Hatz View Post
    I'm sure someone here can provide better advice, but is the science behind peep sights/ghost rings not that your eye centers itself in the ring so ring is a blur and focus on front sight, should not be using pins and dots on rear to aim then it becomes the same a a v sight??
    Yup, thats right. Put the put the front sight on what you want to shoot, forget the rear peep, your eye will naturally centre it for you. No need for little wee crosshair thingies, or little glow in the dark thingies. The human eye is round, the peep sight needs to be round, and according to the science your target [if you're shooting paper] should be round.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidetrack View Post
    Did you import the Ranger Point yourself? Need to sort some sort of sighting system for the Win 9422M that’s languishing in the safe. It is pretty though!!
    Yeah I had a read of all the import advice and it seemed OK to just order, pay and wait. No issues at all. Easy to install. Skinner even sell those dovetail widgets to fill in the halfway slot if you don't need it