Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: 10X42 vs 8X42

Keep safe in the hills! Gunzrrr's Avatar
    I thought about this for 6 months as it was soooo much money for a set of bino's and I didn't want to make a mistake. I understood the pro's and con's as described above and ended up with the 10x's. I think it was the best decision for me because I have never wondered what it would be like to have less power. But if I had bought the 8X's ... I would have always wondered should I have bought more power ... Go 10X and never look back.

I've got the ED3 Zenray in 10x42 and they are great glass as good as almost everything I've looked through but when I looked through cat slayers Swarvos in 8 power I was sold on less handshake and better glass for me at least. The ability to have a hold that didn't bounce around when your breathing hard made up for more horsepower. I've got a set of 8x36 as well now and they are easier to look through when your on the hill and puffing like an old steam engine.

Yeah I love the 8x. If I need to look at something a bit closer like tahr/cham horns I will look through my scope at 22x... cant see how you can make a call on tahr or cham heads any better with 10x than 8x, its not that bigger gain.

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Looking through my Leupold VX-6 2-12x scope on 8x then 10x shows up as quite a difference, a lot more than I thought it would. I suppose a 25% increase in magnification should be significant and it is.