Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: 17hmr faulty ammo

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    Yep I bought a heap of old 17HMR Hornady had many split cases, Now I use fresh-ist, I think your right about age and storage, The washing machine does help, specially when the boss doesnt tell you shes washed it!! and the ammo!!
    Well at lest it’s clean
    Maca49 likes this.
    It's all fun and games till Darthvader comes along
    I respect your beliefs but don't impose them on me.

Hi, I have just had exactly the same problem. Hornady V-Max ammo, which did not look old or crappy. First round lodged in the barrel, and without realising what had happened, second round was fired. Result, second round stuck in the barrel, a totally stuffed magazine (disintegrated!) laminated stock that cracked. Positioner clip on the bolt slightly bent open. Fortunately no injuries, apart from ringing in the ears (now settled) and one massive fright. Now I need a replacement stock, preferably wooden one, and replacement positioner spring. Anybody out there that can advise where I can get the spares? And, oh, how do I remove the two rounds in the barrel?????

Shit you were lucky, lucky. Gotta shoot with your ears with a 17 hmr, maybe hornady should be ask a question? How old was the ammo, was it dry stored?
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

I’ve only ever used Hornady HMR ammo, have had a couple of misfires but fired 2nd time around.
    I just topped up my hmr stock with those bulk 400 packs, so hopefully that stuff is all good.
    Grouchy Smurf had it right all along...

It happened just like that to a mate a couple of years back. He got a new rifle out of it.

No way, tell the Hornady distributor and they'll replace the gun for you @Ockie.

Had a squib fire happen with the Hm2 and some CCI ammo was quite lucky it was a really accurate rifle so we knew something was up when the Wallaby didnt flinch.

Also made more of a pop than bang.

On a side note, I see the Hm2 is making a come back. Stops possums in their track nicely that little round!

Funny one of my mates has just told exact same story. It went pop he thought he d missed the target

Reloaded and bang . Broke one of the extractors and munted the little spring plus
    blew the rotary magazine to bits... Bugger me it hit the target ... So he tells me

His stock is ok.. It too is a ruger

Does any one think its worth while talking to NZ Hornady importer ?

Does any one have any suggestions as to where to get parts for it ?

Personally I d cut it into pieces by now but he wants to repair.
    "This is my Flag... Ill only have the one ..