Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Which .22?

Some good accurate little bolt action 22s around - and at good prices secondhand. Weihrauch, CZ452/Brno, the better Savages, Norinco Em332, Toz 78 etc ..

A Better Lover Than A Shooter Ultimitsu's Avatar
    What makes a rifle accurate is really just 2 things: barrel and trigger. Many 22s are well made but do not have consistent barrel nor great triggers.

The appeal of CZ455 is that:
    1. you can very easily upgrade the barrel to the super high end one such as Lilja.
    2. you can get a very good trigger upgrade for only like 30 bucks (Yodave).

What i do not like about CZ455/452 is that they do not auto-reload. I have three 10/22s. They all shoot as good as my CZ455/452.

Quote Originally Posted by mudgripz View Post
    Some good accurate little bolt action 22s around - and at good prices secondhand. Weihrauch, CZ452/Brno, the better Savages, Norinco Em332, Toz 78 etc ..
    Weirauch and Krico both very good options. CZ and BRNO also well worth a look too. I realy liked the way CZ did a few 22s withthe classic full wood stock. Cant suppress them, but with that stock...........Gorgeous.

CZ452 or 455, well made, well balanced and very accurate.

Done , answered ,finished , close this thread
    Dorkus likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by timattalon View Post
    If it is any help, I have one only left of the Toz 78/04. We will be getting more in but I only have semi autos (Toz99) left after this one. In saying that, I do have a Izhmash Sobol straight pull. Its a heavy barrel, spare mags in the stock and being slightly second hand it will be in your budget (though only just) Not everyone's cup of tea, and if you want a light 22 for lugging around after rabbits this is probably not for you.

The CZ 455 and the 452 are both very nice rifles. Accurate and reliable. Well worth looking at.
    Buy the toz 78-04...Looks good, shoots good and feels good in my opinion. Bought her myself about 4 years ago and don't regret it. The other rifles mentioned on this thread all shoot the same if not a little better and are more expensive. If you really want accuracy from a .22 buy an Anschütz. but just remember in most cases of buying a rifle, you get what you pay for.

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    Whats the red and black boomerang kinda looking thing called/do?
    its a chronograph mate, measures velocity!
    TheChosenOne likes this.

MB
    I have a CZ 452. It's a great little gun, but the trigger is pretty bad even for my uneducated palate. Must upgrade it at some point.
    rossi.45 likes this.

Go the CZ. I had the classic 452, sold it, regretted it, will get another or a 455.

My current .22 is a lot of fun though.

Name:  IMG_2823.JPG
Views: 433
Size:  507.1 KB

Not bad for a semi for accuracy once you find the ammo it likes. 50m.

Name:  IMG_2197.jpg
Views: 371
Size:  479.7 KB

Ignore the random hole, from another target that was over laid.
    septic and Pineapple like this.
    Welcome to Sako club.

Dude get your avatar to put a bloody shirt on, looks like a gay Redneck rabbit shooter.
    Gives us varminter's a bad look
    There's young people on here who have their whole lives ahead of them and don't need get mentally scarred seeing that .Name:  IMG_5005 copy.JPG
Views: 292
Size:  5.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by viper View Post
    Dude get your avatar to put a bloody shirt on, looks like a gay Redneck rabbit shooter.
    There's young people on here who have their whole lives ahead of them and don't need get mentally scarred seeing that .Attachment 69380

Naaa, youre just like me and jealous that he can still see his abs...Mine are there but I must have left a barrel in front of them.....If I had abs like that the shirt wouldn't go on to start with....
    Shahin likes this.

Canterbury, home of the big Rakaia Red Stag
    CZ452 with the straight stock are a nice unit. The old Brno Mod 2 is a great piece of machinery but that droopy old Euro stock is designed for open sight use and make them a bit of a prick with a scope. You have to do what Maca did and get a custom stock made to make them perfect.

Canterbury, home of the big Rakaia Red Stag
    CZ452 with the straight stock are a nice unit. The old Brno Mod 2 is a great piece of machinery but that droopy old Euro stock is designed for open sight use and make them a bit of a prick with a scope. You have to do what Maca49 did and get a custom stock made to make them perfect.

To make my point I've posted twice feckn compuda
    dogmatix, veitnamcam and Awaian like this.

Another very good 22LR to watch for is the heavy barrel Remington 541T. Dermastor on this site had one for sale few weeks ago for under a grand. Quality 22LR rifle in classic style - notch ahead of the CZ452. Here's the recent thread:

http://www.nzhuntingandshooting.co.n...on-541t-34941/

From my bench testing the Toz 78 not a consistent sub 0.5" shooter at 50m like some others mentioned here. Good wee hunter though.
    Dorkus likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by viper View Post
    There's young people on here who have their whole lives ahead of them and don't need get mentally scarred seeing that .Attachment 69380
    HAHAHAHA That "gay redneck rabbit shooter" just so happens to be me jealousy is a wonderful thing

Lol, classic.
    I don't know which is worse : no shirt or that Ruger 10 / 22..............hold on I do, it's the Ruger.
    Drop that shit box Ruger out of your avatar and your all good by me mate