Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree58Likes

Thread: Which .22?

Quote Originally Posted by viper View Post
    Lol, classic.
    I don't know which is worse : no shirt or that Ruger 10 / 22..............hold on I do, it's the Ruger.
    Drop that shit box Ruger out of your avatar and your all good by me mate
    In all honesty, I prefer my toz 78 over my 10/22 so I'd agree with you on that point but again nothing beats an anshütz

Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    CZ452 with the straight stock are a nice unit. The old Brno Mod 2 is a great piece of machinery but that droopy old Euro stock is designed for open sight use and make them a bit of a prick with a scope. You have to do what Maca did and get a custom stock made to make them perfect.
    Not all of them have the hogs back stock on them. None of my Brno rimfires have them, all straight (bolt and semi)
    Mathias likes this.
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

Canterbury, home of the big Rakaia Red Stag
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Not all of them have the hogs back stock on them. None of my Brno rimfires have them, all straight (bolt and semi)
    True that, I've seen a number of Mod 2 with what looks like Mod 1 stocks.
    My Krico has a hogs back and I have shot it since a little lad, for a long time with open sights but later with a scope.

Quote Originally Posted by viper View Post
    Lol, classic.
    I don't know which is worse : no shirt or that Ruger 10 / 22..............hold on I do, it's the Ruger.
    Drop that shit box Ruger out of your avatar and your all good by me mate

I agree. even if you have to photoshop it in or go shoot another rabbit, for all of our sanity's sake, hold the Toz next time..... Its a much better looking rifle and better than the ruger in every way.....
    northdude and viper like this.

I was having a quick browse of the web to see what and how many options of stock were available on them, and came across this:

Wartime Built BRNO Model 22F Rifle, by CZ

The rings are comically high, but what a beauty otherwise
    Nibblet and Mathias like this.
    Identify your target beyond all doubt

Ejected
    Love those full length stocks.

I was having a quick browse of the web to see what and how many options of stock were available on them, and came across this:

The rings are comically high, but what a beauty otherwise
    Says 22 but closer inspection hows 8x57JS so might be a bit big, though fun none the less.....

Quote Originally Posted by Nibblet View Post
    Love those full length stocks.
    Damn right....They are a work of art.

Gone But Not Forgotten
    Anschutz 1710 or 1712. Expensive, exceptional accuracy, trigger and finish. The same for the older Anschutz 1422 if you can find one, which would be very doubtful.

The best value for money new .22LR rifle IMO would be the Weihrauch 60J. A friend just bought one for $1050 new and it's superbly accurate, very well made with a great trigger.

Gone But Not Forgotten

By CZ? Don't know where they got that from.

Quote Originally Posted by 10-Ring View Post
    Anschutz 1710 or 1712. Expensive, exceptional accuracy, trigger and finish. The same for the older Anschutz 1422 if you can find one, which would be very doubtful.

The best value for money new .22LR rifle IMO would be the Weihrauch 60J. A friend just bought one for $1050 new and it's superbly accurate, very well made with a great trigger.
    +1 Currently waiting for a HW 66 Production which is exactly the same rifle except it has the American style stock.

Had a CZ455. Never again. I got one that wouldn't shoot. Check out rimfirecentral - CZ make occasional duds in the 455. The Yanks either rebarrel them or correct the excessive head space.

CZ 452 are v good. No bad stories around about them.

Early BRNOs are nice, just some owners have outlandish ideas of their value even when in knocked about condition.
    Also remember that after around 1967 they were now longer true BRNOs but CZs even though CZ chose to continue badge them as BRNOs.

Anschutz 1710 - came close to buying one. Absolute tack driver.

change the barrel and trigger on your 10/22 to kidd stuff and it will out shoot most things