Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: .22 suppressor

I have a unique made supressor that came with the rifle, its the moving baffle style. Its super quiet with subs but goes crack with supers as already mentioned. All my 22s are threaded for it. Over 40 years old and still going

My first threadfit silencer I bought 25odd years ago has three sliding chambers which are about 25mm long each and hollowed out like a cup to the rear if the silencer by the muzzle. The rest of the silencer is an open chamber with a spring-the 3 chambers move forward (when they aren't gummed up with soot and crap) towards the front as a moving baffle. pretty quiet. Its in storage at present so cant compare to the ones I've built recently but both of them pretty good too, and at a guess I think they are better.

I have a dpt Center fire suppressor which i use on two guns
    But my rimfire can is a hushpro only because a mate gave it to me
    But if I brought another it would be a dpt
    For no reason other than waight
    My rimfire hushpro is pretty heavy I reckon its heaver than my dpt over barrel center fire can but never waighed

All 22 cans will be bloody quiet with subs i shot for a couple of years with a 20 buck basic no name thing
    With subs through the cz452 all you herd was click as though it misfired then a big thud as the bullet impacted the target
    Obviously with a semi they aren’t as quiet as a bolt action as you have the clack clack from the action working
    But no matter how good the suppressor is you can’t fix that
    I think the only advantage of a good quality 22 can is it will help when shooting supersonic obviously you can suppress the sonic boom because that happens after the bullet leaves the rifle but it will take a bit of the bang out of it and tone it down a little

Just for shits and giggles...

Wrap your .22 Can in a wet tea towel and put it in the freezer over night.
    Then screw it on and have a shot.
    The difference might supprise you.
    WallyR likes this.
    "Sixty percent of the time,it works every time"

I have a DPT rimfire can and highly recommend it. Interesting to hear of people using Rod Woods suppressors. Wish he still made them. Very light, very quiet and a nice slim profile to them.