Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes
  • 4 Post By Tahr
  • 1 Post By Kiwi.bloke
  • 1 Post By -BW-
  • 3 Post By Friwi

Thread: .257 Roberts Reamer wanted to buy/ hire.

.257 Roberts Reamer wanted to buy/ hire.

Looking for a 257 or 257 AI reamer, 250 AI would be okay well. Buy, borrow or hire thanks.

Cheers Jeff
    I'm trying to get to heaven before they shut the door.

Try Mike Collings in Whakatane.

@nor-west hold your tickets on that. You can have my Kimber. PM me.
    Trout, Micky Duck, csmiffy and 1 others like this.
    Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing, and right-doing, there is a field. I will meet you there.
    - Rumi

Be good to have a thread or sticky of reamers within the forum for use - either to beg, borrow or rent? Even a list of gunsmiths with them so we know who can do what. Don’t think a reamer is a propriety tool or property.
    -BW- likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi.bloke View Post
    Be good to have a thread or sticky of reamers within the forum for use - either to beg, borrow or rent? Even a list of gunsmiths with them so we know who can do what. Don’t think a reamer is a propriety tool or property.
    Good idea. A combined list of gunsmiths and forum members reamer database. Sticky thread in the gunsmithing/projects forum?
    Husky1600#2 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by garyp View Post
    Try Mike Collings in Whakatane.
    A friend of mine had one made by Din about 1980. Awesome weapon for shootng the Rimutaka slips.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi.bloke View Post
    A proprietary tool, except for a handful of patented cartridges like the ssk’s or the Smc’s certainly not.
    But property, yes , from the one who paid for it ! :-) A reamer with its set of gauges and a few pilots is close to $500nz landed here now.
    Some gunsmith display their list of reamers on their websites.but you will not find many willing to lend their reamer. it is their own tool with which they make a living after all.
    Tahr, techno retard and shananah like this.

Yes the last .257 I had built, I hired the reamer off Din and Mitch Maxberry did the work. I've had an offer to hire a .257AI reamer off the forum and dies to borrow as well, so covered if I go the AI route. Going to see how the .250 Savage goes with some Hammers first.
    I'm trying to get to heaven before they shut the door.