Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

30mm rings with top pic rail

I'm trying to find a set of 30mm low rings that includes a small pic rail on top for attaching a torch or a red dot. There's three I know of...

Tier One in the UK make some. But they aren't cheap and the stockist here doesn't quite have the ones I'd be after.

Then there's Spuhr via target species. But I really don't want to re-mortgage my house.

The other brand is Reptilia in the US - they even do one with red dot footprints for direct attaching the red dot with no pic rail adapter. Also very expensive by the time they're imported though.

Any cheaper alternatives that I'm missing?

Plan B is just to stick a standard 30mm torch mount on the scope. But a) I don't completely trust their ability to hold a zero with a red dot and b) I'm wanting to eliminate anything extra from being clamped directly to the scope tube (for aesthetics).
    Resident 6.5 Grendel aficionado.

Can’t just tap the top of a regular 30mm ring and cut a short piece of rail with two grub screws and lock tight? Plenty of rings have a flat enough surface on the top

The Original Striker
    Bigger Better Faster Stronger
    Handle the Jandle, or get off the Beach

The Original Striker

That's a good shout striker. Thank you.
    Resident 6.5 Grendel aficionado.