Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: 28nosler

GWH

Went down the same track recently, wanted a step up on the 7RM, so considered 7-375 or 28N or STW ... read a lot, talked to knowledgeable folks I could find. Decided to go 7mm Blaser Mag, pushes 180 VLDs at 3050 fps with nice tight groups and ~10gn less powder than 28N. Talk to @kiwigreg and keep an open mind to all options would be my advice
    Shootm, Kiwi Greg, GWH and 3 others like this.

If your not fast your last Shootm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chainsaw View Post
    Went down the same track recently, wanted a step up on the 7RM, so considered 7-375 or 28N or STW ... read a lot, talked to knowledgeable folks I could find. Decided to go 7mm Blaser Mag, pushes 180 VLDs at 3050 fps with nice tight groups and ~10gn less powder than 28N. Talk to @kiwigreg and keep an open mind to all options would be my advice
    Similar to what I did about 2-3 years ago before 28N and went with 7-375. Greg answered all my questions and was only to happy to help.
    GWH and stuart like this.

I Have Sexdaily. I mean Dyslexia! Fcuk!

Quote Originally Posted by GWH View Post
    Just had a look through that thread, looks like a awesome rig, sounds like I’m gonna have to make some decisions and start getting some parts together

Tahr absolutely hate this 28Nosler. I have used this for the last couple of trips, it simply decimates them. With the brake it shoots like a 243, beautiful.

Name:  28Nos.jpg
Views: 273
Size:  1.53 MB
    25/08IMP likes this.

theres a 28n in the for sale section.

Jit
    Wow, the info on the ballistics is crazy. a 280Nosler with 180gr pills @ 3250fps !! really ? You'd struggle to achieve that with a 7mm weatherby.

GWH
    Quote Originally Posted by Jit View Post
    Wow, the info on the ballistics is crazy. a 280Nosler with 180gr pills @ 3250fps !! really ? You'd struggle to achieve that with a 7mm weatherby.
    In load testing I had 195s to 3175 fps in mine, no excess pressure signs. But I dropped back down to the next node at 3070 fps to be easier on brass and throat hopefully.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Jit likes this.