Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: 6.5 Grendel Bolt action

GWH
    Quote Originally Posted by southernman View Post
    I've just bought one of the CZ 527 in 6.5 Grendel, only got a few rounds threw it, before being shut down for Coivid, the few rounds look like I may have a decent shooter, I cut it back to 18-20, but am going to see what sort of performance the 24" barrel gives first.
    might build up a few varmint rounds, and see how it performs, on the local snowshoe hare's, and coyotes.
    Ive got a couple Sako PPC and was going to rebarrel to a faster twist as the 1-14 on a 6ppc limits the hunting bullets somewhat.
    we shall see how this little CZ goes first.
    Nice, what bullet will you look to run for varmints? Ive only run 123's in my 6.5G thus far, only shot deer so far, but having a crack at varmints with it with lighter pills going a bit quicker could be fun too.

Yay all I can say is long live 6.5 Grendel

I now have a howa mini in 6.5 G awaiting range trip etc after the WuFlu quarantine is relaxed.

Am looking at the 95 v-max. But already a serious shortage of reloading components, due to panic buying in USA and Canada, am yet to find any, got a 150, 100g ballistic tips, kinda expensive for shooting small game, and a 100 Serria 107 gr TMK
    should zip along with 24" tube, quick loadwith 3031 looks very good, as does initial testing.
    I've been using my Sako 6Ppc for a predator, rifle, I've called in a wolf a few times now, and it's a bit light, so have passed on the shot,