Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: 7mm RM in the bush?

if your really worried go and buy a box of coreloct..just cause.
    superdiver likes this.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

Quote Originally Posted by Bagheera View Post
    If you’re hunting on your own you could consider taking off the suppressor when you’re in the Bush.
    And take ear protection, plus some extra as well.

Identify your target beyond all doubt because you never miss (right?) and I'll be missed.

Quote Originally Posted by Eat Meater View Post
    And take ear protection, plus some extra as well.

Identify your target beyond all doubt because you never miss (right?) and I'll be missed.
    why??? usually in the bush its a single or at most 3 shots...noise is ..different in the bush,its like it soaks some of it up compared to out in open.

Even goats at 10-30 meters, send them through the path of most resistance and you'll be away.
    Micky Duck likes this.

If you’re hunting on your own you could consider taking off the suppressor when you’re in the Bush.
    PARDON?!!!

I have never used a suppressor or muzzle brake on my rem mag yet
    GSP HUNTER and Husky1600#2 like this.
    When hunting think safety first

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    why??? usually in the bush its a single or at most 3 shots...noise is ..different in the bush,its like it soaks some of it up compared to out in open.
    No, noise is the same anywhere, its not like you are hiding your head behind a tree when you fire. It is your choice to ruin you ears, don't need to encourage others
    BRADS, dannyb and Roarless20 like this.

20 years of unsuppressed .270 did its damage however the long strings on wallabies out in open were far worse than the one or three in the bush...is what I was meaning...still dont use ear protection duckshooting as cant hear birds approaching if wearing earmuffs.
    my rifles are all bar one now suppressed....once every year I take suppressor off .270 to remind myself why I cart it around,but would take shot in bush without it happily on way up to tops if had suppressor off and in bag. the shot your mate fires from ever so slightly behind you (off to side out of firing line of course) is far far worse than any you fire yourself as nose comes directly to you instead of being directed away....now fit a loudener/muzzle brake and all bets are off..infact you can bugger off elsewhere,well away from me thankyou......two experiences with browning boss types years ago drilled that one home.
    7mm Rem Mag, Finnwolf and TimC like this.

Ha ha my rem mag sits in the safe now, the 223 is a way better all round riffle
    Micky Duck likes this.
    When hunting think safety first

leave suppressor on,might slow you down ever so slightly...but thats a good thing LOL.... if you cant navigate through area because your rifle is too long,you shouldnt be going that way at all...
    30late and TimC like this.

I got my 7 rm to shoot long range but i keep shooting deer at close range especially during the roar. 22in barrel plus suppressor, no problem in the tight stuff .

yeah as most have said dont overthink it - how many deer were shot early days with full jacket army 303 - me included - one used what one had and I got 303 from Rifle club as a young fella for $4 for a round packet of 75 - many goats did not like it up them - my only worry with 7mm rem mag would be suddenly thinking of recoil when taking a quick shot- .243 can go straight thru as well if behind shoulder and wrong projectile
    TimC likes this.

7RM way too overkill Mr Purdon. Buy my other 270...

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    I reckon its quite a bit harder on ears in the bush.sound bounces back into ya off the trees.
    BRADS and bigbear like this.