Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Moa Hunter
  • 1 Post By MSL
  • 2 Post By Fssprecision

Thread: Adjusting Trigger Pull Blaser R93

Adjusting Trigger Pull Blaser R93

Asking if it's possible to adjust the trigger pull on a Blaser R93 rifle about 20 ? years old.
    I've never attempted to touch the factory trigger which breaks easily and cleanly but I now find a bit too light for comfort.
    What I mean by that is I've been caught a couple of times with an AD which frightened the bejezus out of me and I want to prevent further mishaps.
    The AD occurred this way. Out hunting with round chambered but rifle decocked, safe. Game sighted, backpack dumped on ground as improvised rest, rifle cocked and placed onto daypack. Small buckle slots itself into trigger guard and pressures the trigger enough for AD. Not good ! Luckily not more serious.
    Obviously I could prevent such incidents in future by not cocking the rifle until I have laid down and lined up the game but the other little issue I have is that my trigger finger control is not quite so good these days which I believe is related to a heart condition, or the meds I take. I think a slightly heavier trigger pull would add a degree of safety.

I looked online for info which seems to vary somewhat. There is talk of alternative springs to increase pull weight but little in the way of any tutorial I could find. I would try to replace a spring myself if not too arduous but would also consider delegating to an expert if that's an only or best option.

Hoping to get some good advice.
    Cheers

No
    The Church of
    John Browning
    of the Later-Day Shooter

Banned
    I know a Blaser factory trained gunsmith, will ask for you
    30.06king likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Moa Hunter View Post
    I know a Blaser factory trained gunsmith, will ask for you
    That would be great. Thankyou.

Banned
    German Gunsmith has replied this morning and he says "Yes you can make the r93 trigger more light or heavy...with a gunsmith.. "

MSL
    Very Germanic answer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Moa Hunter likes this.

I am not familiar with the Blaser trigger as such (have not disassembled one) but if there is a coil spring in there I don’t see why you couldn’t change it for a stronger one. If you don’t know what you are doing then best get it to a gunsmith but a lot of people are up to a spring swap out. Just don’t start messing with sear angles etc.
    ishoot10s and Moa Hunter like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fssprecision View Post
    I am not familiar with the Blaser trigger as such (have not disassembled one) but if there is a coil spring in there I don’t see why you couldn’t change it for a stronger one. If you don’t know what you are doing then best get it to a gunsmith but a lot of people are up to a spring swap out. Just don’t start messing with sear angles etc.
    I have read there are more than one spring inside the Blaser bolt housing which must be carefully contained during disassembly ... ? If true I would prefer a professional to make any adjustment.

Anybody care to recommend a gunsmith I could contact ? Prefer NI based.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by 30.06king View Post
    I have read there are more than one spring inside the Blaser bolt housing which must be carefully contained during disassembly ... ? If true I would prefer a professional to make any adjustment.

Anybody care to recommend a gunsmith I could contact ? Prefer NI based.
    Thanks.
    I am a licensed Gunsmith based in Whangarei and would be happy to have a look at it but no doubt you can find someone closer.....get in touch if you need to fssprecision@gmail.com

Cheers

Darren

Quote Originally Posted by Fssprecision View Post
    I am a licensed Gunsmith based in Whangarei and would be happy to have a look at it but no doubt you can find someone closer.....get in touch if you need to fssprecision@gmail.com

Cheers

Darren
    Noted. Thankyou.

If the R93 trigger assembly is similar to the R8 then it’s springless. May be different though being the 93?? I know quite a bit about my R8 trigger assembly due to a fubar on my part recently

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    "O what a day, what a lovely day"