Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Jake77
  • 1 Post By Looseunit

Thread: SIG BDX SYSTEM

SIG BDX SYSTEM

Hi Guys,

Has anyone got hands on experience with the Sig BDX system?

Toying with the idea of getting the system for one of my rifles in .270 just after some real world feedback.

Cheers!

I had a play with one. Cool concept. Majority of my hunting is at point and shoot ranges so was not really useful for me.
    What I didn’t like was the lines visible in the lower half of the scope(for the LED dots). Was a real turn off for me

the newer versions seem to work well

I have an older sig bdx rangefinder and while good its not near as good as my friends brand new one

he has it on a 300wm but im not sure if hes tested its legs after I set it up for him

Tim
    Works well, out to 800 apparently, I've shot mine to 400 and it worked. Heavy scopes, bit ugly. The rangefinder is excellent . My scope seems to go through batteries faster than I'd like when it's in the safe (yes, even turned off).
    Needs a bit of maths on set up to make sure it's accurate.

Overall good.
    Getting older is compulsory, growing up is entirely optional.

I have the serria 3 scope and rangefinder. System seems to work - have shot out to 500 and seems to hold its zero pretty well. The scope optics aren’t great - reticle is really chunky and obscures more than I like of the target. I prefer my old vortex viper in terms of glass quality.

The new seirra6 scopes look to be fair bit better with finer reticles and more hood point illumination dots. The app is pretty easy to use and I like having several loads/guns programmed in. eg supersonic and subsonic loads on my .308. But I reckon unless you are into geeking out on the tech a good Leopold with CDS is probably almost as quick for dialing in.
    Tim likes this.

I have the serria 3 scope and rangefinder. System is pretty easy to use - have shot out to 500 and on weird angles and always seems to spot on. Scope is fairly heavy but has held its zero pretty well despite a few good knocks. The scope optics aren’t great - reticle is really chunky and obscures more than I like of the target. I prefer my old vortex viper scope in terms of glass quality.

The new seirra6 scopes look to be fair bit better with finer reticles and more hood point illumination dots. The app is pretty easy to use and I like having several loads/guns programmed in. eg supersonic and subsonic loads on my .308. But I reckon unless you are into geeking out on the tech and already have a bdx rangefinder or Binos a good Leopold with CDS is probably almost as quick for dialing in.

I dropped my Leupold and Nightforce scopes and now run the Sierra6's . 3-18 on my 308 and the 5-30's on my 6.5PRC and Ultramag . The 6's have much nicer glass and recticle than the 3's . The system is wicked fast for hunting and foolproof (no forgeting to dial back) . Just alittle heavy . Use it with the Kilo8 or 10 and your not limited to 800yds .
    Tim likes this.
    Those that can do - Those that can't bitch about those that can

I've used the sierra 3 scopes and wasn't all that impressed. The optical quality lacked and the reticle was too heavy, I also didn't like that there was no wind hold points below the reticle and so you ended up holding in space.
    I haven't tried the sierra 6 but it does look better.

I do however use a 1800bdx rangefinder, paired with the bdx app and a variety of scopes. The rangefinder will show the elevation and windage adjustments needed in the display after it displays the range. I find it works very well and prefer it to a CDS type dial as I can change the environmental data and have multiple profiles for different loads.

I have also the sig sierra 6 bdx 3-18X44 paired with the kilo 3000. Don't find it heavy at all. Shot out to 480 and it's bang on. Optics are better than the 3 series (which I have also) and has wind hold over dots if needed. The crosshair can be a little big at way longer ranges but the goat didn't complain at 480m. Get your data trued as already mentioned and it works like a charm. Checked mine at 500m.Practice those longer shots though same with any scope. Did I mention that tasty yearling at 350m mmmmm.

Might have some SIG 3000 BDX binos for sale if anyone was looking for them slightly cheaper than new. Been babied and are in great nick. I just don’t use binos that much and end up taking my rangefinder more often.