Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By flock
  • 2 Post By blair993
  • 4 Post By deye223
  • 1 Post By rupert
  • 1 Post By deye223

Thread: After market trigger springs

After market trigger springs

Looking at getting a Mountain Tactical trigger spring for my new rifle and wondering if they are any good. Already use a Yo Dave and they are a lot better than the standard factory spring but haven’t seen any for sale in a while.

Also used Yo Dave trigger springs Brno 2 & CZ 457 both with excellent results.
    Moa Hunter likes this.

I have more tikka yodave springs due to arrive. should be next week all going well.
    tikka and CBH Australia like this.

I find the springs from this pen cheap and very effective you get enough for 8 triggers for $3.50 .
    I just done another CZ 457 and it came up at a very crisp 11 oz very consistent no slam fire no bump fire the spring is perfect diameter replacement for the original
    Name:  20220813_190115.jpg
Views: 540
Size:  37.4 KB

I've used the larger spring from a BIC lighter. Fitted well in the trigger mechanism and produced a consistent, lighter trigger pull.
    caberslash likes this.

Just make sure you put this end in the trigger and the properly Factory finished off end of the spring goes towards your weight adjustment screw .
    Name:  20220817_131254.jpg
Views: 442
Size:  431.1 KB

and I I must say that for a trigger that I did not hone the sear surfaces while it's not as good as my Jewel triggers but the average person would not pick them so crisp and clean.
    c z really kicked a goal on these triggers they've gone from the worst trigger in a Rimfire to the best even better than my anschutz 1517DHB .
    caberslash likes this.

Just fitted a trigger spring from Gunsmoke in Oz for a Ruger this afternoon. Does what it says on the packet. Package got openned by Customs, but that may have been because it had a bipod in it as well.
    The Biggest Room is the Room for Improvement

Has anyone fitted a aftermarket spring to their howa 1500 or weatherby vanguard.
    I am currently looking at aftermarket triggers and springs...
    Patience Is A Virtue

Quote Originally Posted by Jusepy View Post
    Has anyone fitted a aftermarket spring to their howa 1500 or weatherby vanguard.
    I am currently looking at aftermarket triggers and springs...
    Yes, I've fitted a spring set from HVHA in aussie to my 1500 mini .223. Pretty easier to do if you're vaguely mechanical. Makes a huge improvement. I haven't measured before/after pull weight but I've got mine set at what I would consider 'sorted target rifle trigger'.
    I've got another set in transit for a friend's 1500.
    Definitely worth the 29 aussie bucks.

edit: I've got the HACT trigger
    Last edited by threefootsix; 19-08-2022 at 08:28 PM. Reason: clarification

https://highvelocityhuntingaustralia.com.au/

Yea recently installed a 1.5lb spring kit from this place. Arrived in about a week which is awesome.

They don’t come with spare e clips like the gunbloke ones so be careful with assembly.

They come in a range of weights. The 1.5lb I got feels a little heavier than advertised. I reckon if I got the 2lb spring I would have been pissed that I didn’t just stick with the factory one.

Quote Originally Posted by SPEARONZ View Post
    https://highvelocityhuntingaustralia.com.au/

Yea recently installed a 1.5lb spring kit from this place. Arrived in about a week which is awesome.

They don’t come with spare e clips like the gunbloke ones so be careful with assembly.

They come in a range of weights. The 1.5lb I got feels a little heavier than advertised. I reckon if I got the 2lb spring I would have been pissed that I didn’t just stick with the factory one.

Did you need an import permit for the spring?

Na

Quote Originally Posted by deye223 View Post
    I find the springs from this pen cheap and very effective you get enough for 8 triggers for $3.50 .
    I just done another CZ 457 and it came up at a very crisp 11 oz very consistent no slam fire no bump fire the spring is perfect diameter replacement for the original
    Attachment 203915
    I think you'll find that the pen springs are not extra special 'gunsmith approved' springs which cost 10x more.

They might look the same, test the same and even come from the same factory and have the same SKU but they are definately not the same

I just run triggertech and Elftman, job done lol