Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: Anyone ever traded in a rifle before?

I had a blue synthetic poo70 Zastava that I managed to a straight swap for a mint condition blue wood 308 Zastava... Not your average trade though. That was H&F, before the whole throw us under the bus incident. Don't flame me - I just didn't catch the 270 bug.

Quote Originally Posted by Clint Ruin View Post
    What rifle?
    Model 70 6.5x55.

Quote Originally Posted by Bol Tackshin View Post
    I had a blue synthetic poo70 Zastava that I managed to a straight swap for a mint condition blue wood 308 Zastava... Not your average trade though. That was H&F, before the whole throw us under the bus incident. Don't flame me - I just didn't catch the 270 bug.
    You did good!
    Bol Tackshin likes this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

57JL
    Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    You did good!
    yep you did
    Bol Tackshin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by viper View Post
    There is a Golden rule I find normally applies to trading in Firearms and it consists of 2 parts:

Part 1# As a trade your rifle is worth..............fuck all

Part 2 # But to buy a rifle it suddenly is worth ...gold....... as if by magic a dealer can turn a crusty dog shit into a highly polished gem.
    Ah yes. Like when you trade in an old banger and they try to sell a car thta needs 2k of work for 2k.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobba View Post
    Going to give it a go on Monday so will let you know how it goes. I don't have high expectations.
    If you get what you paid for it then that'd be good. Are you going to be going to all 3 main stores?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobba View Post
    Model 70 6.5x55.
    Must be a sign of the times. As we talked about they usually shift on ok. Even post 64 ones.

northdude
    I do it a bit but dont expect to make money on it i traded 2 rifles last weekend on mrs nds new 22 first i tried to sell them on tm for fuk all didnt sell so traded them for 20$ less than wanted so was happy with that plus i understand that the shop has to make money as well
    Steve123 likes this.

MB
    I traded an excellent condition Miroku MK70 shotgun with an independent gun shop. Got what I paid for it in trade in value which was $2000. The gunshop then put it up for sale at $2500 and it sold!

Quote Originally Posted by MB View Post
    I traded an excellent condition Miroku MK70 shotgun with an independent gun shop. Got what I paid for it in trade in value which was $2000. The gunshop then put it up for sale at $2500 and it sold!
    Hahaha hahaha sounds about right.

I traded a Weatherby Vanguard 300wsm for my Browning A bolt. Got $1000 for Weatherby and paid the $1200 difference for the A bolt. I was happy with the deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Clint Ruin View Post
    It comes down to what the rifle is and how sellable it is.

Plenty of nice rifles out there but if it's in an odd or out of favor caliber that will hurt its price.

Edit . The 260 above is a perfect example .

Great rifle and a great caliber but to sell it ? Difficult one to sell to 90% of people that come into most shops
    If you theory is correct why do this "undesirable" rifles sell for a premium price new.

Quote Originally Posted by 300wsm for life View Post
    I traded a Weatherby Vanguard 300wsm for my Browning A bolt. Got $1000 for Weatherby and paid the $1200 difference for the A bolt. I was happy with the deal.
    At the end of the day if the seller is happy with the transaction, all is good.

Quote Originally Posted by tetawa View Post
    If you theory is correct why do this "undesirable" rifles sell for a premium price new.
    Because they know no one else has it in stock so they can fleece you.

Sent from my SM-G390Y using Tapatalk

I recently traded in a browning maxus as I want to purchase a long range scope and an under and over when the time comes. I got what I paid for the browning as long as I purchase the scope through the same retailer, very fair I thought, i also informed them that the price tags on their zeiss and leupold scopes is not what i would be paying,they agreed. (Not hunting and fisting, they can eat a bag of dicks)

Seems like a mixed bag. Good to hear some positive experiences

Quote Originally Posted by tetawa View Post
    People often decide they want a particular caliber and thats it . Nothing else will do. It costs they same or more to get the odd calibers from the importers .