Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: AR-15 Bump firing

Quote Originally Posted by hotbarrels View Post
    Does the Timney AR trigger have a couple of very small grub screws that tighten down on the trigger location pins that go through the lower? The one in my 10/22 does, and if the screws come loose, it will fire a round as you squeeze the trigger, and then another as you release the trigger. Tighten the grub screws and the problems goes away [on the 10/22]
    i have had several 10/22's and never seen one with grub screws in the trigger mech.

Ejected
    Quote Originally Posted by MassiveAttack View Post
    I have seen the same thing happen with the same trigger. Make sure it's clean (flush out with solvent) because carbon build up in the sears and lighten the trigger pull. Suppressed ars get dirty real quick. Make sure you are holding the gun tight.

Bump firing isn't full auto, is two shots with two trigger pulls, the second being caused by recoil.
    Did your 10/22s have the standard or the tinmey trigger? The ar timney trigger has the grub screws.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock river arms hunter View Post
    Read the arms act in relation to semi autos and the number of shots fired per pull of the trigger.

Can't spell it out much clearer than that
    Does it cover hang fires in double rifles?
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Did your 10/22s have the standard or the tinmey trigger? The ar timney trigger has the grub screws.
    standard triggers "adjusted" by gundoc. my 10/22 heavy barrel was a damn tack driver at 100m. all my other 10/22's were pretty much standard

It has a Timney trigger fitted, which has two grub screws which lock onto the 'trigger housing to action' retention pin. If the screws come loose, you get a round going off on the trigger pull, and another on the release/reset. Makes for the fastest double tap's on possums you have ever seen!
    223nut likes this.

Thanks I have just shot it down Banks Peninsular and a shooter there in the Army also suggested cleaning the trigger. The weird thing is it didn't double fire the whole event so its sure is a mystery. I will clean what looks like an already very clean trigger with break clean and try it again. Thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by Rock river arms hunter View Post
    For starters this is a PUBLIC forum as anyone can see, not the best move but your just wanting help so I understand as your circumstances can be rather awkward.

Give a gunsmith a bell( NOT Hardy rifle engineering, he doesn't know fuck all about AR's).

Give NZRAC a bell and that will definitely help.
    Amen to that