Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Bump firing

Bump firing

Seen some vids online. Is this legal to do in Nz? Looks fun but not really in control of the firing arm. Your thoughts?

Use to do it heaps with the SKS when x39 was cheap and we thought it was cool. It gets old fast. Waste of ammo. Silly. Never had any safety issues though.

Don't think it is legal
    Easier with 5.56 as not so much recoil and easier to control

So if ya get caught your in trouble then?

Don't know. I could see some precious person getting their panties in a twist. There is no law against it. Only thing they could try to do you on would be careless use of a firearm, which would be very difficult to prove in court unless you actually damaged something or hurt someone while doing it. It is actually quite easy to control it. Some people can do it off the shoulder and actually hit things. It is a novelty thing though. Just for shits and giggles. It's kind of dumb.

Bump firing

So what is it???
    If my work annoys me, I cull them

It is basically fully auto, Where you hold down the trigger on a semi and when the bolt slams closed it also shoots the next round off and it continues until you take your finger off the trigger or when you run out of ammo.

i was able to hit my 200mtr gong 4 from 5 shots off a bipod using this method.

How'd you do it with the sks Beavis? I don't actually know how you'd go about doing it, especially with the long trigger pull. I've seen those bumpfire stocks on youtube a lot.

It'd be fun with the 22... but it doesn't give enough recoil to work. I could sometimes get 2-3 shots off with my timney adjusted right down and not really holding the rifle properly.

Official Cheese Shaman Spanners's Avatar

Bump firing

Not quite 199
    It's using the recoil of the gun to reset the trigger while pulling forward with the off hand to set it off again
    The trigger is actually pulled once per round fired.
    LEGALLY 1 round per pull of the trigger. Technically prob a grey area

Timbey in an AR makes bumping from the shoulder easy. Can't do it with my AK from shoulder though

There is nothing illegal about it, you are just using a technique to fire shots rapidly out of a semi automatic firearm. It could only be seen as reckless if there were foreseeable negative consequences and deciding to proceed anyway.

I just did it off the hip with the finger through the belt loop method