Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Alpine

User Tag List

Like Tree268Likes

Thread: AR Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Spanners View Post
    I thought based on the options of everyone none of the above applies
    It's simply:
    -ugly
    -overpriced
    -has ergos of a frozen poo

You seem to have taken it very personally...
    Nah every ones opinions OK except bout the overpriced tangents going every where as It Was FREE... Everyone can comment freely about fits,styles,ugly but read the post it was Free ... and everybody
    seems to missed that. Wonder how much I get for that on Tardme.. Itll all be profit every cent cos again it was free !!!!
    (That means it cost nothing so I thought before fitting it Id ask if anyone had one , had used one,or knew anything about them) Cos it was free..... And also cost nothing ...
    "This is my Flag... Ill only have the one ..

Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post
    Yep...Ask a question get a barrage of how much the supplier charges and all sorts when price wasn't the question... Never mind teach me to word my queries
    more accurately so hopefully you dont invite price sensitive results, just no havent tried or no response or yes have tried heres what I found,,

By the way that bit I got from you is Awsome and you were right it works great..
    Good to hear mate see if you can wear it out.

and thats what you get in a public forum. it is about opinions.

Just a theory.

Maybe the Police will refuse to switch them over to E-Cat to kee the E-Cat levels down and demand a change of stock to comply with A-Cat.

Off topic a bit sorry but

As far as E Cat guns go what would be the most common that people want to own. Is it the AR? or is it more like collectable stuff a bit rarer than the AR ? Maybe kept locked up and not used often or what?
    What do you think the most damaging gone off the rails weapon of choice would be ? The mini 14 seems to be able to get rounds out there in a hurry for example and thats A Cat no question ?
    Not too mention the harm someone could do with a short 10/22 sub sonic with a big mag and noiseless. A freind reckons thats probably the most dangerous weapon ..

Im sick of the "If" "Buts" and "Maybes"
    If it happens - it happens. Prepairing yourself for every future possibility is taxing and stupid.
    until something actually happens lets leave it be, It seems to ruin every ar15 thread that is ever started. all with the same result - no result
    Savage1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill999 View Post
    Im sick of the "If" "Buts" and "Maybes"
    If it happens - it happens. Prepairing yourself for every future possibility is taxing and stupid.
    until something actually happens lets leave it be, It seems to ruin every ar15 thread that is ever started. all with the same result - no result
    Seen this National Shooters Association NZ I have no idea what it means though at all...

I really recommend joining them, its thanks to them that we even have A cat AR's at all. By joining up you help fund the next legal fight.

As far as E Cat guns go what would be the most common that people want to own. Is it the AR? or is it more like collectable stuff a bit rarer than the AR ? Maybe kept locked up and not used often or what?
    What do you think the most damaging gone off the rails weapon of choice would be ? The mini 14 seems to be able to get rounds out there in a hurry for example and thats A Cat no question ?
    Not too mention the harm someone could do with a short 10/22 sub sonic with a big mag and noiseless. A freind reckons thats probably the most dangerous weapon ..
    AR15 would be the most common simply because it has near perfect ergonomics, inherent accuracy, modularity and mountains of aftermarket parts.

As far as the this gun is more dangerous than that gun debate - it's a load of shit. To limit the amount of damage done by someone going postal you would have to restrict us all to muzzle loaders. That's about as much as I'm saying on that matter, before this thread gets that "aw jeez not this shit again!" vibe.

Just had a looksee round the parliament website and they dont have any real info on the guts of the Bill 285. Except to say it was read and went through.
    Outside the fact it says it clarifys things mostly info seems to be about air gun imports and look alike pistol air guns and very little on much else except to say it clarifies what is or isnt anMSSA.

Does any know what that clarification is at all?

If you fit the stock to your ar, make sure you pick yourself up an extra safety detent spring or three. If it is like the B&C stocks, and you ever want to take the stock off, you will almost certainly wreck the spring doing so.

And if you do pick up the ambi-safety, don't forget to ensure the hammer is cocked before you try to take the old safety out

As far as E Cat guns go what would be the most common that people want to own.
    I would like to own (in no particular order):

* R1
    * G3
    * M1
    * M14
    * R4
    * M16A2

With what is happening in the US, it looks as if the supplies of AR's have dried up.
    The yanks are buying anything that shoots, mags and ammo like crazy!
    Life is natures way of keeping meat fresh

yup i think i bought my CMMG at the perfect time

i'm thinking off ditching my CMMG heavy barrel 16inch 1:9 as its too heavy for what i want, was going to flute it but i wont lose enough weight i don't think, what options would you be looking at ? would like a 16inch as it seems to be a good all round length yes ? and something light weight and in 1:8 theres these barrels on trade me but there 1:7 and chrome lined

AR15 14.5" Carbine Barrel - NEW | Trade Me

If you've got money to burn, then replace the barrel.

My AR started its life as a 16" Bull Barrel (.930 dia). While it was not light, it was WAY lighter than the RRA Predator .308
    I had, that thing was HEAAAAVY!
    SSRNZ turned the barrel down to a medium profile (.75 dia) from chamber to muzzle, and fluted it before and after the gas block. Now its lighter, handles better, looks better and will put 5 rounds of Hornady training ammo into a group the size of a 10 cent piece at 100m time after time.