Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Terminator

User Tag List

Like Tree268Likes

Thread: AR Thread

you got first dibs ruger but it wont be for a month or two as i'm short of cash, unless you wanna give me 500 so i can straight out buy the one off spanners had about 30-40 rounds of .22 through it hasn't done any 223 yet.

Official Cheese Shaman Spanners's Avatar
    As I said
    "Completely pointless and useless configuration "

"someone dumping rubbish stock that cant sell"

"only a retard would deliberately make them that way"

The DMPS ones I've seen shoot way better than the chrome lined pencil barrels I've seen too.
    Way better than under 1/2"? Quantify WAY better? under 1/4".. under 1/8?
    Thats really worth the Completely pointless and useless configuration of a 16" bull
    A 16" bull doesnt do anything well - doesnt point well, doesnt carry well and if accuracy is your justification, then why not a 20 or 24", at least you will have some speed, as they wont point or carry well either!
    0.9+ barrels in 223 are a joke - thats bigger than a Sendero

spanners can you supply a gas block for the 14.5 inch barrel ?

Quote Originally Posted by turner nz View Post
    spanners can you supply a gas block for the 14.5 inch barrel ?
    Havnt got any at the mo - waiting for paperwork to be signed off to get a bunch of stuff waiting in the US shipped out

Its a Std 0.750 diameter

I think we have the Troy .75 on one of our export permits. Let me know if interested as we have a couple of orders comming in from the States in the next few weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Spanners View Post
    a 16" barrel thats 0.936 at the gas port?? thats FUCKING BULLSHIT
    Dunno where you got it from but sounds like someone dumping rubbish stock that cant sell - prob started life as a 20" bull and was cut??? as only a retard would deliberately make them that way to start with
    Completely pointless and useless configuration
    Spanners - you sound like a very angry man!

We sold the gun. It is a standard CMMG spec upper - I'll let the supplier know you think they are retards. The lower is a standard CMMG spec item. CMMG produced the LPK for us so that we could sell the it as a NZ spec kit without the A2 grip. All other CMMG guns that have a FSB are not NZ legal. This was confirmed for us by NZ Police and we were told that CMMG uppers/Barrels risk being confiscated on landing. Our supplier provided bull barrels as an alternative that meet NZ spec. We currently have CMMG producing a 300blk specifically to meet NZ legal requirements.

As for not being able to sell stock - we sold all CMMG guns in the space of a few days. The total gun price was $1699. I dont see any other retailers comming close to this? What is your price for a CMMG gun?

Spanners are you part of this Katipo outfit. If not who are you and why do you hide? What sort of manufacturer warranties do you offer? Put your name out there. Dont hide. I would also like to know what is your current and past involvment with this forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Digit View Post
    Spanners - you sound like a very angry man!

We sold the gun. It is a standard CMMG spec upper - I'll let the supplier know you think they are retards. The lower is a standard CMMG spec item. CMMG produced the LPK for us so that we could sell the it as a NZ spec kit without the A2 grip. All other CMMG guns that have a FSB are not NZ legal. This was confirmed for us by NZ Police and we were told that CMMG uppers/Barrels risk being confiscated on landing. Our supplier provided bull barrels as an alternative that meet NZ spec. We currently have CMMG producing a 300blk specifically to meet NZ legal requirements.

As for not being able to sell stock - we sold all CMMG guns in the space of a few days. The total gun price was $1699. I dont see any other retailers comming close to this? What is your price for a CMMG gun?

Spanners are you part of this Katipo outfit. If not who are you and why do you hide? What sort of manufacturer warranties do you offer? Put your name out there. Dont hide. I would also like to know what is your current and past involvment with this forum?
    I just did a reply and sat net crapped out when sending and cant be arsed doing it all again.

Basically, blah blah blah - you missed the point totally
    Noone wants them thus Given the current supply in the US anything thats avail is Completely pointless and useless configuration and rubbish stock that cant sell
    I cant think of a more usless barrel config at all.
    Have a look on the AR15.com pic threads and see how many 16" Bull barrels there are - thousands seem to agree with me
    Every other CMMG barrel (other than pistol) is 'NZ Spec' with a LoPro or the Bayo lug ground off - they simply dont have any stock - this was voiced to those that visited them and at Camp Perry and who did deals with them months ago
    Not to mention over 50% of thier uppers ARNT 16" bulls or have FSB with bayo lugs, so why the bollox config?
    The 300 WASP barrels are NZ legal - I've had one for almost 2 years, brought others in and have some in the US waiting to ship - dont try and make out you're doing something special.

If you want a pat on the back for selling the cheapest gun the quickest, then Bravo.. given the demand, all you have acheived is alot less money in your own pocket - excellent business model that

My past, current, future business dealing and suppliers have nothing to do with you whatsoever
    Some of us have been doing this long before you starting selling chinky scopes

My past and current involvement in this forum? I brought and extensivly modifed the software package you're looking at. Few others involved heavily outside of the software
    What you're looking at is from me... as is the the spot with your banner rotating up the top - BTW - your advertising bill up to date?
    YOUR involvement is simply somewhere to pedal you wares, in which you have your own section - so tootle off over there and leave the AR thread to those with some input and questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Spanners View Post
    I just did a reply and sat net crapped out when sending and cant be arsed doing it all again.

Basically, blah blah blah - you missed the point totally
    Noone wants them thus Given the current supply in the US anything thats avail is Completely pointless and useless configuration and rubbish stock that cant sell
    I cant think of a more usless barrel config at all.
    Have a look on the AR15.com pic threads and see how many 16" Bull barrels there are - thousands seem to agree with me
    Every other CMMG barrel (other than pistol) is 'NZ Spec' with a LoPro or the Bayo lug ground off - they simply dont have any stock - this was voiced to those that visited them and at Camp Perry and who did deals with them months ago
    Not to mention over 50% of thier uppers ARNT 16" bulls or have FSB with bayo lugs, so why the bollox config?
    The 300 WASP barrels are NZ legal - I've had one for almost 2 years, brought others in and have some in the US waiting to ship - dont try and make out you're doing something special.

If you want a pat on the back for selling the cheapest gun the quickest, then Bravo.. given the demand, all you have acheived is alot less money in your own pocket - excellent business model that

My past, current, future business dealing and suppliers have nothing to do with you whatsoever
    Some of us have been doing this long before you starting selling chinky scopes

My past and current involvement in this forum? I brought and extensivly modifed the software package you're looking at. Few others involved heavily outside of the software
    What you're looking at is from me... as is the the spot with your banner rotating up the top - BTW - your advertising bill up to date?
    YOUR involvement is simply somewhere to pedal you wares, in which you have your own section - so tootle off over there and leave the AR thread to those with some input and questions.
    classic that's clarified a couple of things. Now I understand where your animosity comes from.

Quote Originally Posted by Digit View Post
    classic that's clarified a couple of things. Now I understand where your animosity comes from.
    My opinions were formed and voiced before I knew you even sold it - doesnt matter who it was - doesnt change the facts
    Animosity? ha! I couldnt care less - configs like that are great for my inventory of bits etc.. makes them disappear at a great rate of knots

Move along now, or I'm sure someone will move you
    300winmag likes this.

very unprofessional, personal attacks spanners ? come on grow up mate.

Quote Originally Posted by turner nz View Post
    very unprofessional, personal attacks spanners ? come on grow up mate.
    Spanners answered all of Digits questions and some.
    Have a look at Digits signature "Industry Antogonist" that says it right there.
    Spanners and 7mmsaum like this.

A bull barrel is heavy, but if you are shooting targets off a rest,or trying to hit bunnies at range off a bi-pod, then it is probably fine. If you're going to be carrying it for any distance, or trying to shoot it offhand, then it probably isn't the best choice. It all depends on what you want the rifle for.

Horses for courses and all that.

If you wanted to drop the weight, maybe get in touch with someone like Scott Trail and see if he could turn it down for you. Might be an awful lot cheaper than a new barrel.
    Last edited by scaggly; 28-12-2012 at 01:45 PM. Reason: added extra info

i didn't say he didn't answer all his questions? all I'm saying is the hostility could be turned down a notch as at the end of the day what's arguing over the internet really going to achieve...? and thanks scaggly that is an option i will think about it and i really appreciate everyone's advice as everyone has there own views, a bull barrel may suit someone but I'm after a lightweight AR and i'm happy with my CMMG

I had my original RRA 20 inch Bull barreled varmint upper turned down to JP lightweight contour. No difference in accuracy.
    Think the bill for that, and to supply/fit JP adjustable gas block and JP Bennie Cooley Comp was about $600.

What scopes/sights do you other AR users have on your rifles?
    What would you recommend?
    Life is natures way of keeping meat fresh