Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

Like Tree268Likes

Thread: AR Thread

Quote Originally Posted by cambo View Post
    Found the link to your suggestion Bill. Bloody easy to do and seems to be very effective from all reports.
    Putting it here for others to see.
    Suppressor use on an AR and Charging Handles - AR15.Com Archive
    Honestly It is worth the effort. Just take your time and do it nicely then you wont even notice it there. I used grey silicone hitemp and it looks like its ment to be there

Quick question 30 round mags . By law is that an E cat item or can you own them in NZ? I don't have any by the way but have been offered some
    "This is my Flag... Ill only have the one ..

Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post
    Quick question 30 round mags . By law is that an E cat item or can you own them in NZ? I don't have any by the way but have been offered some
    I believe if you have an A cat AR or other semi and you also have E mags in your possession for the same gun you have a problem if boy in blue arrive.
    Just get both endorsements (like me) then they can all live in the same safe happily ever after according to my AO, I don't need to store them separately.

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    I believe if you have an A cat AR or other semi and you also have E mags in your possession for the same gun you have a problem if boy in blue arrive.
    Just get both endorsements (like me) then they can all live in the same safe happily ever after according to my AO, I don't need to store them separately.
    Thank you going thru the process will grab them when fully out the other side Cheers

its also illegal to have that 30 shot mag in a A-cat weapon. regardless of your licence FYI

Quote Originally Posted by Bill999 View Post
    its also illegal to have that 30 shot mag in a A-cat weapon. regardless of your licence FYI
    That is 100% correct, They can be stored together if you have same model rifle on E but YOU CAN NEVER FIT A MAG WHICH CONTAINS OR APPEARS TO CONTAIN MORE THAN 7 ROUNDS to ANY A cat firearm

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    That is 100% correct, They can be stored together if you have same model rifle on E but YOU CAN NEVER FIT A MAG WHICH CONTAINS OR APPEARS TO CONTAIN MORE THAN 7 ROUNDS to ANY A cat firearm
    So if I have this right : Once you have E Cat licence to own E Cat firearm and if you wish to obtain and use 30 rnd mags youd have to tell AO that you want your "A" Cat to become an E cat so then you can lawfully own / use them ?
    But then what if you havee another AR thats "A"...Confusing eh ?
    Thats if they dont all become E Cat when things settled anyway I suppose..

Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post
    So if I have this right : Once you have E Cat licence to own E Cat firearm and if you wish to obtain and use 30 rnd mags youd have to tell AO that you want your "A" Cat to become an E cat so then you can lawfully own / use them ?
    But then what if you havee another AR thats "A"...Confusing eh ?
    Thats if they dont all become E Cat when things settled anyway I suppose..
    Not quite, you can't change an A-Cat firearm to become an E-Cat, except those ones from the thumbhole stock saga easy E-Cat endorsement.
    Last edited by dogmatix; 19-02-2013 at 01:28 PM.
    Welcome to Sako club.

Official Cheese Shaman Spanners's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dogmatix View Post
    Not quite, you can't change an A-Cat firearm to become an E-Cat.
    Not quite... depends on who you know and if they will do it without handin

I stand corrected.
    Welcome to Sako club.

Official Cheese Shaman Spanners's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dogmatix View Post
    I stand corrected.
    My AO wont do it, but I know of one that does regularly

i have been told it is just a form. why would they not? its another tracked firearm - win for nz police one would think

Going to be interesting times, what are they going to do about all the A cat ar,s i wonder. Im in the process of getting my E, will wait till the AO comes around to check my safe. And will quiz him, about my a cat ar, do i just wait till HQ deem them all E cat, or try and put it onto E?
    Are you allowed to store A cat rifles with E cat rifles in the same safe tho?

Not mine, but my partner certainly enjoyed shooting a jungle lane event with it

... sorry but on advice, photos removed... showing responsible use of firearms in an enjoyable and safe environment is not worth starting an arguement over No, i have not removed them from everywhere.
    Last edited by Gillie; 19-02-2013 at 08:27 PM.

Remember doing jungle lane in waiouru with an SLR and no bloody muffs, GREAT dont worry about the pop up target being behind the tree just shoot thru the bloody tree Private .