Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Darkness

User Tag List

Like Tree268Likes

Thread: AR Thread

Most will do what you want just fine, even a Norinco. Some are put together really nice, look and feel high quality and shoot well (RRA for example) but not up to scratch for serious use (serious meaning shooting at people who shoot back at you). Some are built as close as possible to "mil spec", which generally means good to go for "serious" use, and will do everything else fine as well. Only time I've seen AR's choking is when people fuck around with the gas system, use shitty mags and ammo, or an improperly installed gas key, lack of lube etc. Not rocket science to keep one running.
    Scouser likes this.

Awful mags are common in NZ since we have to use gimped off-brand 5 rounders and shit

It would be nice if we could use pinned P mags. But they're not allowed to resemble a banana. Actually Magpul now make a 10 round P mag with limiters available. By the time they get round to actually making them, it probably won't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Cheers Mike, will have to do that one day.
    I had a bit of a squirt with a styer once but that's all I have ever had to do with one.

Sent from my GT-S5360T using Tapatalk 2
    No worries, I have 2 already and a couple more in bits, just waiting for the last bits and will be good to go. Maybe we should go rabbit shooting with them
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Hmm need to sort somewhere for bunnys. Where i would usually go has been cleaned out pretty much

Sent from my GT-S5360T using Tapatalk 2
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    It would be nice if we could use pinned P mags. But they're not allowed to resemble a banana. Actually Magpul now make a 10 round P mag with limiters available. By the time they get round to actually making them, it probably won't matter.
    I think the 10 round ones are actually hitting the market about now

Official Cheese Shaman Spanners's Avatar
    The biggest issue with ARs is ammo and the simple fact that 99.9% of people don't know how to setup an AR for a non standard mil loading.

I'll go into it in depth at some stage when I have time.

MidwestPX.com

5 and 10 round Pmags.... Got a few of the 5's and they're great. Really solid - can't go back to my factory RRA magazine now.

Of course like the rest of the country... out of stock

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    That is 100% correct, They can be stored together if you have same model rifle on E but YOU CAN NEVER FIT A MAG WHICH CONTAINS OR APPEARS TO CONTAIN MORE THAN 7 ROUNDS to ANY A cat firearm
    Actually any semi-auto A cat firearm above a 22LR, ie you are not limited to 7 for a bolt or lever action.
    Last edited by steven; 12-04-2013 at 01:39 PM.

Out of curiosity, anyone shoot service rifle? Ie what would be a AR15 that would meet the rules? I see a M16A2 with a rusty barrel, so I assume a new std (is there such a thing?) barrel is an easy and not too costly replacement? Is it hard (or even possible) to get a C re-done as an E?

regards

bas
    Quote Originally Posted by steven View Post
    Is it hard (or even possible) to get a C re-done as an E?
    It used to be possible, lots of early M16s, FN FALs, G3s, M14s and MP44s were converted to semi-auto when they were first imported. Now its frowned upon and more a matter of who you know and slipping it through. Although there is nothing in the law about it and people do move pistols from C to B. But that is another matter with its own issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Spanners View Post
    The biggest issue with ARs is ammo and the simple fact that 99.9% of people don't know how to setup an AR for a non standard mil loading.

I'll go into it in depth at some stage when I have time.
    id be interested in having a read, when u get time to post.

Bolt action AR15

Does anyone in NZ sell anyhing like this ?

White Oak Armament | High Power Accessories | AR15 Flat Top Upper with Bolt Handle

been offerd a new ish remington r15 suppressed guy wants me to make him an offer , any ideas what they worth?

I'd probably offer $1700 if it is in good nick, then go up to $1900 if you really really want it