Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Alpine

User Tag List

Like Tree268Likes

Thread: AR Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    I'd probably offer $1700 if it is in good nick, then go up to $1900 if you really really want it
    thanks , after playn with mates ar think i will be selling saiga , very impressed with accuracy his is an sti , parts etc seem way easier

Tools not Toys
    So my 14.5" NEA, when I put my shiny new waitaki eng can on it this weekend instead of the god awful, cause a concussion, muzzle break that it shipped with, Is it going to be fine to use with standard gas system, ie non adjustable gas block? I will be getting an adjustie or doing that dodgy sounding silicon job in the near future, but I will be itching to try her out and don't want to fark anything. Also can anyone on here tell me what buffer spring the nea14.5 has in it? Thanks
    Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast.

It'll have a rifle buffer system (spring, tube, buffer) if it has the A2 stock

It should function fine, you might get some gas in your eyes

Advice sort on a leupold mark ar, 3-9 x 40 p5, to mount on NEA-15 DMR, or just get a vx2 3-9 x 40 with the LR duplex. both similar money. Are they the same optics wise.?

Quote Originally Posted by hanse View Post
    So my 14.5" NEA, when I put my shiny new waitaki eng can on it this weekend instead of the god awful, cause a concussion, muzzle break that it shipped with, Is it going to be fine to use with standard gas system, ie non adjustable gas block? I will be getting an adjustie or doing that dodgy sounding silicon job in the near future, but I will be itching to try her out and don't want to fark anything. Also can anyone on here tell me what buffer spring the nea14.5 has in it? Thanks
    I used mine with Waitaki can with no problems, but I still got an adjustable gas block

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    Being over gunned is under rated.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Vapour2209

Tools not Toys
    Thanks, hopefully gas in the face wont be any worse than the back blast from the brake!! Im waiting on a custom made freefloat guard to suit the 14.5" should get it tomorrow il post some pics, length to suit the end of gas block and threaded onto barrel nut, not clamped on to the spikey nut like the crappy NEA handguards. I wanted a plain jane tube handguard and couldn't find f-all online in-country, those Hogue ones are all rifle length and apparently wont like being cutdown either. end of a long story I bought barrel nut on TM and got an alloy tube machined up with flutes etc. Hi temp hardcote or anodised black and Hopefully itl be mint!

Official Cheese Shaman Spanners's Avatar
    Handguard like this?

Tools not Toys
    Hi there, judging by your posts your somewhat of an AR man, thanks for the reply.
    Sort of like that, I have milled the flutes right out though. And its 265mm or roughly 10" long. That's like a DPMS one ay?

Yeah it's just a off the shelf DPMS one
    I have some other DPMS that have the slots milled out somewhere
    These would be cool with the slots milled and save a few oz also

Tools not Toys
    What sort of price for a around ten inch one? Just out of interest really, If the one I have coming is crap then il need another. Im stuck with local market as haven't yet gone down the import track. You obviously do a bit?

Only have rifle and carbine
    Rifle is almost 13" long And carbine about 7.5"
    You want a mid/spectre length

I have a 15" on my 3 gun rig. Just the brake pokes out
    hanse likes this.

Tools not Toys
    well hopefully the custom one does the trick, find out tomorrow. I left it with the machinists artistic flair to decide how extreme the slotting is so could be quite neat. Cheers spanners.

Post up some pics when done

I'm just in the process of documenting a bunch of uppers and weighing them out as reference. May as well while a bunch of different configs are here

Can anyone advise if the evolution stock will fit a AR15
    Name:  butt-stocks~~element102.jpg
Views: 603
Size:  20.2 KB

Won't be able to work the charging handle, cheek piece is in the way, at least when it's that high. Otherwise it's just a matter of what length tube it is - selecting either carbine or rifle buffer/spring - and whether the internal dimensions allow a buffer/spring/BCG to work in it. And you'd need an endplate to retain your takedown pin detent/spring. It also weighs a hilarious amount.