Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Darkness

User Tag List

Like Tree268Likes

Thread: AR Thread

Both you two above show us a pic of a two year old fallow stag you shot last weekend in the spine and neck at 155 yards with your AR15 you got two days earlier on the run as well as witnessed by 4 others
    "This is my Flag... Ill only have the one ..

Quote Originally Posted by FletchNZ View Post
    +1 to that, its looks a bit meh. I would choose a monster man grip over that and there is no guarantee that it will still be A cat - no matter what he says,
    Fletch thanks but life's like that do you know and hate the dude makin these Do you know wat John laws decision will be long turn

It looks like shit, carbon fibre doesn't have any benefit in that application, it's too long for my preference, moulded in finger grooves are awful
    Spanners likes this.

Ejected
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post
    I paid nothing so does that mean for nothing I can have an E cat safe Awesome whens it arrive ?? That's the trouble ask a fucken question about like guya what you think bout this and it goes to like for 800 fuck him well the question was not how much does this costEither too much envy or too much hate competition or too much want here
    You don't sound that happy Happy.

250 Stug wants 500 for T3 stock never asked wats it worth asked for tech input as to how it may perform 250 can you make one for that cos I ll take one when you do this was free so fuc who cares wat they cost Take cost away Hang on would you take one to try freight free and no charge ??? Be good enuff then would it Sometimes. When people ask questions they may just want realistic answers not bullshit money answers just technical
    Lol he qouted me $800 at the Sika show. FletchNZ was there with me and we both thought it was a fuckn joke. At that price point I would expect adjustable LOP, QD sling attachment points, and a complete lower. But no lets come up with some mediocre design with an annoyingly long LOP, for most people, and make it out of some wizz bang carbon fibre shit, then sell it at a price most people would look at and think "can't be bothered keeping it A cat, may as well sell it".

Fletch thanks but life's like that do you know and hate the dude makin these Do you know wat John laws decision will be long turn
    Happy its sound like you need a hug.

If you love it then by all means buy it but don't come crying to us when you spend $800 on a stock and then all AR's are made E cat by an "order of council". The police tried to do it with the thumb hole stock on the SL8 why, -when they get these new powers- will the not continue with their plans?

If it was me - even if the police don't proceed with an order of council -I would buy a $50 monster man grip and save $750 as that seems to be better value to me.

Oh and Hamil's are currently selling the stock for $799 at the moment.

Both you two above show us a pic of a two year old fallow stag you shot last weekend in the spine and neck at 155 yards with your AR15 you got two days earlier on the run as well as witnessed by 4 others
    Cool story
    PerazziSC3 likes this.

Would save the cash for a E cat safe if things look like going that way, How many would get their E endorsment declined ? if they already own an A cat AR. What would be the conditions, Belonging to a club may be one.

If you love it then by all means buy it but don't come crying to us when you spend $800 on a stock Fletch

Would save the cash for a E cat safe if things look like going that way Foxhound

for $800 he can fuck right off Beavis

Fletch Foxhound,Beavis,
    it was a freebie.. I was just trying to see if someone had tried one before I bothered fitting it... Not realising it would turn into a slang off match about the producer and his pricing..

I didnt spend money IT WAS FREE !!! OK Sometimes I dont read everything either before I put my foot wrong place. Thats Free ,Gratis,Nada ,Zy ro, zero dollero ..

My fault should have started conversation like " From a technical point of view fitting,weight,strengh,durability prospective (NOT MONETARY) what do you guys think of these??

Has anyone tried one? If so what were your thoughts ? The manufacturer can worry about his method to market and if hes too expensive he ll accumulate stock not profit. That was never my concern.

I don't know anyone who has bought one so I cannot comment on the technical points of that stock - however from using thumb hole stock before ( I assume its has the same aesthetics) it pays to have an ambi safety as you are no longer able to operate the left side safety with your thumb

Quote Originally Posted by FletchNZ View Post
    I don't know anyone who has bought one so I cannot comment on the technical points of that stock - however from using thumb hole stock before ( I assume its has the same aesthetics) it pays to have an ambi safety as you are no longer able to operate the left side safety with your thumb
    Thank you I see a guy selling ambi safety on trademe. AR15 ambidextrous safety | Trade Me

Are they easy to fit ??

Yeah just remove grip, drop out spring and detent, pull out old selector, install new one

Whoa this got serious all of the sudden

Quote Originally Posted by Bill999 View Post
    Whoa this got serious all of the sudden
    Yep...Ask a question get a barrage of how much the supplier charges and all sorts when price wasn't the question... Never mind teach me to word my queries
    more accurately so hopefully you dont invite price sensitive results, just no havent tried or no response or yes have tried heres what I found,,

By the way that bit I got from you is Awsome and you were right it works great..

Official Cheese Shaman Spanners's Avatar

AR Thread

Either too much envy or too much hate competition or too much want here
    I thought based on the options of everyone none of the above applies
    It's simply:
    -ugly
    -overpriced
    -has ergos of a frozen poo

You seem to have taken it very personally...