Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: AR15 pending rule changes?

Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    What the hell brand stripped uppers are you waiting this long for? Who've you ordered them through?
    DS Arms / Brownells. According to Sandy @ Brownells when you order they have to specify the Brand for the export permit, so they can't send you what they have but what you ordered and is specified on the paperwork . I am thinking of getting another permit and ordering something different. Already have everything else just being held up with the last bit which were ordered first. Now the rush will effect that too!
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Have you worked out what's actually happened to it? Pics?
    Its removed some of the phosphate coating, so most of the BCG is now grey, not black. Also seems to have a rougher surface than before.
    Welcome to Sako club.

That sucks. Just shoot it so it gets covered in carbon. Good luck getting a BCG from anywhere in the US at the moment.

I'm waiting for the DD chromed ones to come back in stock, could be waiting a loooong time.

I'm not too fussed now (was at the time), its really only aged it by a few thousand rounds ahead of everything else.
    There is a STI one I can get locally, but not cheap.
    Welcome to Sako club.

That sucks. Just shoot it so it gets covered in carbon. Good luck getting a BCG from anywhere in the US at the moment.

I'm waiting for the DD chromed ones to come back in stock, could be waiting a loooong time.
    They wouldn't ship me a DD BCG - told me it was significant military equipment. The chrome ones are AR15 carriers too, not M16.

Fucks sake. BROWNELLS!! They wouldn't ship me ASC 5rd mags either as they're not DDTC registered or some shit.

I know they're AR15 carriers, I don't mind as I'm going to get an adjustable gas block and I'm a sucker for the chromed look haha. Not going .223 this time...
    FletchNZ likes this.

They're not on the last list that Sandy sent me. Was pissed to find B&C can no longer ship. The chrome ones are pretty nice, a well finished phosphate group is nice too though. .300blk?

Don't blame Brownells it's the US govt's retarded rules to make sure their gear doesn't end up with the Haji's in Afghanistan or what ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    .300blk?
    Nah, too slow from a short barrel and the BC sucks.

I'm going to have to just call someone and see what the hell parts I can actually export.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage1 View Post
    What's your point? The 84s pretty much is an AK47 but in .223. Looks the same and functions the same.
    Well 4 out of 11 killed with a nasty semi auto assult style thingee, that leaves 7 killed with something else. A pistol x1? and a lever action 22lr x6? those pesky .22lr's again. Ban Ban Ban them I say!
    But that wont happen, cause the ole 22lr is not fancied in the movies. But those evil black guns???
    Lead delivery technician, Bulk orders welcome!!

Glu
    Quote Originally Posted by dogmatix View Post
    Its removed some of the phosphate coating, so most of the BCG is now grey, not black. Also seems to have a rougher surface than before.
    It should be anodised if it is alloy which means it should be able to be re- anodised

BCG are steel

It sucks balls and you shouldn't need one. My opinion.

People hate spending cash and it has a rep for being hard to get. It shouldn't be, the police should want as many people as possible to get it, increased vetting and security. Their policy is really illogical.

People hate spending cash and it has a rep for being hard to get. It shouldn't be, the police should want as many people as possible to get it, increased vetting and security. Their policy is really illogical.
    And they can record the details of the actual firearms on their 'database', which you would think was their whole motive anyway.
    Welcome to Sako club.

Quote Originally Posted by Tussock View Post
    I dont need the magazines, or anything like that. Record number of rounds through mine to date is 4 in a row. And that was not fun, hare still got away! (check your windage people).

Got no issues with better security though. I have the safe already, bought it to keep the existing lot safe.
    Don't say need. Need doesn't matter.