Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: AR15 pending rule changes?

Im sure just belonging nzda would be sufficient, as we do service rifle shoots at our club aswell, I bought a small e cat safe as soon as got wind of the pending rule changes.
    Get others who have E cat help you fill out the questions on the application, preferbly members from the same club who can vouch that you shoot service rifle within your club.
    I think the reasons for wanting a E cat if you already own an A cat ar15 will be different, time will tell?

Quote Originally Posted by dogmatix View Post
    +1

That's what my understanding of the new powers given (orders under Council). They can now classify a rifle by type, rather than cosmetic features such as a psitol grip.
    Dont understand that, its splitting hairs on banning one semi-auto and not another IMHO, a pure political sop. You either ban or Cat E all semi-autos or none, that would be logical (it may not be fair). I mean whats the significant difference between a SKS, SVD and AK47? really not a hell of a lot, shape change of a few parts, working principal is essentially the same and one cartridge is 39mm and the other 54Rmm.

regards...

Doesn't look like i will ever have a b cat. Minimum once a month at club would just never happen unless i was retired or something.

Sent from my GT-S5360T using Tapatalk 2
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    Doesn't look like i will ever have a b cat. Minimum once a month at club would just never happen unless i was retired or something.

Sent from my GT-S5360T using Tapatalk 2
    It's a pain.

The Otago Pistol Club has nice facilities though, there are like 5 ranges, one of them a 50m range you can use rimfire and pistol calibre rifles on with covered firing points, couple of 25m ranges, club room with a wood stove, great for some casual shooting in winter on days when the weather is crap. 15 minutes drive from my place and I can park right beside it. I miss it.

I wish we had a similar quality rifle range that we could use! Only current one is NZDA range which is every second Saturday for a couple of hours, have to park on the side of the road and walk a km or so down a shit muddy hilly track through bush, pine plantation etc, facilities are minimal (3 target boards and 2 benches), ground is clay and it's basically unusable if there's any rain. Small firing area, often packed with really unsafe people.

Don't have the time to commit to get and retain my B at the moment though, unfortunately. Maybe when I do, I'll convince the OPC to build a range for 25/50/100m centrefire rifles.

Our nzda club in the north is great, drive to the door can shoot out to 600 covered shooting up to 12 shooters at a time, plus a bench and a running boar range aswell, all members are safe and good blokes, members can use range other times on non range days, 3 other clubs use it as well. works well. One problem no DEER in the north that are free range or wild.

Quote Originally Posted by foxhound View Post
    Our nzda club in the north is great, drive to the door can shoot out to 600 covered shooting up to 12 shooters at a time, plus a bench and a running boar range aswell, all members are safe and good blokes, members can use range other times on non range days, 3 other clubs use it as well. works well. One problem no DEER in the north that are free range or wild.
    No deer worth chasing.
    Welcome to Sako club.

Quote Originally Posted by Digit View Post
    Looks interesting. There's a Kilwell 10 gun I've been looking at for $1000 odd for my B & E. I wonder if a safe is a safe is a safe, or is there something with the cheaper ones that I may regret saving the $300 odd later ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kscott View Post
    Looks interesting. There's a Kilwell 10 gun I've been looking at for $1000 odd for my B & E. I wonder if a safe is a safe is a safe, or is there something with the cheaper ones that I may regret saving the $300 odd later ?
    Safes are all different. Ive got the Kilwell 10 gun E-Cat and the Sentry 36 gun E-Cat and there is no comparison. The Kilwell is significantly better quality. I wouldnt judge based on price.

Cheers. That's what I thought but it's always good to hear it from someone else

Quote Originally Posted by foxhound View Post
    Yea thats correct, just got my e cat in the mail this week, two referees that have known you for a while and both have E cat and serving members of a recognised club or organisation. And can demonstrate long term experience with firearms. I belong to two clubs nzda, and another club that shoots military rifles.
    Applied for licence mid jan and had safe installed before AO came around for inspection. ( pays to ring your AO like i did and ask about the extra security beforehand just speeds up the process)
    Guess depends on your AO, as for my E endorsement neither of my referees had their E cat, they are however both members of a recognized gun club etc, i think that is the more important point. in fact one was my father and the other was my uncle. haha