Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Ar15, should i buy now, or wait?

Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    It's unnecessary to have carbon fibre for an AR stock, seems like a silly choice of material.
    I have made a butt A2 style I think for a customer. He wanted to shift the weight forward so that he could hold it in a more comfortable place.

Quote Originally Posted by Nibblet View Post
    Unnecessary to have a pistol grip but still its an option. However not a silly one.
    What's the reasoning behind thinking it's a silly choice of material? Think it is more targeted at being a niche market option.
    It doesn't do the job any better than other, way cheaper options like molded plastic, and you'd have to be insane to pay $640 for that stock

It's not really unnecessary to have a pistol grip on an AR since that's what it was designed to have and everything else is a shitty half-assed bandaid to get around incredibly stupid legal restrictions

Quote Originally Posted by mikee View Post
    Nah, (assuming you imported all the bits your self in one go. $35 US for LPK, 89 for stock, 89 for stripped lower, 40 grip, 89 for a2 buffertube kit, 110 for JP trigger and 60 for JP hammer + another 40 for freight (cheapest "Good" trigger + 30bucks for permits
    total of $582US which is more than 640 for the lower.
    My point is although its expensive at least it does not look manky
    I import the stuff separately with the cheap shipping so I can skip gst. Even if it did cost an extra 50 bucks or so, it would be more worthwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    It doesn't do the job any better than other, way cheaper options like molded plastic, and you'd have to be insane to pay $640 for that stock

It's not really unnecessary to have a pistol grip on an AR since that's what it was designed to have and everything else is a shitty half-assed bandaid to get around incredibly stupid legal restrictions
    This. The way I see it, if I need a piece of shit thumb hole stock, and they are all peices of shit, to wrangle around some legal dumbfuckery, I want something that is cheap and I'm not gonna care about scratching breaking or denting the shit out of it.

But buy what you want, I'm just a prick that likes to be vocal when I think something's stupid.
    sako75, BRADS and Haydendev like this.

Even if it was made of fiberglass, the labor is probably what cost the most in the building of that stock.

The cheapest would be an injection moulded stock like Choate machine tools produces.

The initial cost of the mould would cost a few thousands though...

Friwi

Tread carefully in the suck... ishoot10s's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Konev View Post
    would love to see a laminated thumbhole.
    They exist, at least one has been on trademe few weeks back. Some manufacturer salso does a matching laminated fore end and the whole thing looks quite nice, Boyds and Ironwoods do them.
    10MRT shooters do it 60 times, in two directions and at two speeds.

Mate I think the C/F stock looks awesome would almost consider putting one on my E cat just to ride a sand bag better

For $800 you could buy a pretty nice shooting rest system that you can then use with other rifles, but hey its your money.

Didn't end up buying one, will wait for awhile and see what plays out, thanks for the advice