Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: AR15 suppressor

ebf
    Quote Originally Posted by DPT View Post
    Im not a Farmer or call myself a gunsmith, I dont do any gunsmithing, I build suppressors brakes and thread barrels thats all. Yes I do have a machine shop in my shed at my house. Not sure what it would take to get out of the "back yard farmer" tag.......
    DPT, welcome to the forum, good to have ya here. Looking at one of your mini cans for a bush shorty project, so I'll be talking to ya as soon as the bang stick arrives.

Oh, and re Spanner's opinion, if you look at the post history you'll notice that about 8 out of 10 times it is "xxx is crap, yyy is rubbish, yada, yada, yada"

AB Precision

Re: AR15 suppressor

Now that AR's are becoming cheap as chips everyone is fitting suppressors to them, when I designed and tested the suppressors they were on rifles with a lot longer barrels than 11.5" so it is to be expected that a short arse barrel is going to be a lot louder than longer one. I failed to mention that in my adverts. I do have a longer can thats the same price so if you send me your one back we can do a swap. That will bring the sound down a bit more.

DPT

It's hard line tho as you have a short barrel to be compact you don't want longer than standard can to make it long again.

It's a compromise short barrel you can't expect it to be as quite

sent from my Samsung s3 using tapatalk 2
    kimjon likes this.

DPT
    Quote Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
    DPT when do you think your modular centrefire suppressors will be ready? do you have a length, diameter etc?
    Hi, Probably about 6 weeks, once my cnc is free ill do a run of them.
    Diameter about 41mm, length will depend on how many modules and weight, You will have to waite and see but I havent seen any in NZ as light, well under 200grams.

DPT

Hi DPT. Thats very good of you to want to do that, that kinda service keeps people coming back!! How much longer would the new suppressor be bid?

Bud I mean haha

DPT
    Hi, Not a problem at all. they are 50mm longer.

Official Cheese Shaman Spanners's Avatar
    Im not a Farmer or call myself a gunsmith, I dont do any gunsmithing, I build suppressors brakes and thread barrels thats all. Yes I do have a machine shop in my shed at my house. Not sure what it would take to get out of the "back yard farmer" tag.......
    Maybe not worded correctly in the context you took it

For $200, I dont think you can expect too much as to not being quiet - you can however get 27-32 dB elsewhere which is very quiet, but you're paying $600 for it. Thus you get what you pay for??

The backyard farmer comment was a generalization for the 1/2 dozen or so guys around that 'think' they can make a suppressor because they have a lathe - and more directly actually a dig at a mate of mine who reads here, he has a fetish for making suppressors that go 'pop' - aye M.

DPT
    Quote Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
    DPT when do you think your modular centrefire suppressors will be ready? do you have a length, diameter etc?
    44.5mm diameter. Hardcoat anodized.
    The 3 baffle module version shown in the picture is 117mm in total length, 142grams in weight and is designed for 223 / 7.62x39. add two more baffles and its 192grams in weight 151mm long and designed for 243/308/270/30-06.
    You can use the 3 baffle version on a 30-06/270 but the sound reduction isnt as good, you could even go down to one baffle, that would make it 83mm long and 93grams.

The 3 baffles version has the same sound reduction as my mini can (shown in picture) and the 5 baffles version has the same sound reduction as my longer can.

They will only be available in anodized black, (picture is of suppressor not yet anodized)

They are 100% aluminium and not designed for rapid fire as the heat and sand blasting effect will wear them out at a faster rate

Name:  247158179.jpg
Views: 1130
Size:  33.7 KB
    Name:  247572228.jpg
Views: 1808
Size:  30.5 KB

Thanks for the swap mate, havnt had a chance to shoot through it yet. Should be good! Cheers mate

Nice work DPT. Will only muzzle cans be available or are you looking at over barrel versions too?
    If you don't get Dirt, Blood or Grease under your nails it ain't a hobby

DPT
    Quote Originally Posted by Burb122 View Post
    Thanks for the swap mate, havnt had a chance to shoot through it yet. Should be good! Cheers mate
    Not a problem

DPT
    Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    Nice work DPT. Will only muzzle cans be available or are you looking at over barrel versions too?
    Thanks. Will have over barrels in the next couple of months.

Am real happy with the suppressor now. Top quality, highly recommended guys!!

What will the specs be on the over barrel versions?
    If you don't get Dirt, Blood or Grease under your nails it ain't a hobby

DPT
    Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    What will the specs be on the over barrel versions?
    Hi, I cant confirm that yet but I hope to keep them under 250 grams.

Thanks