Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By dannyb
  • 1 Post By dogmatix

Thread: Athlon Optics 4-20×50 illuminated Moa reticle review

Athlon Optics 4-20×50 illuminated Moa reticle review

Hey team,
    I'm a simple guy of simple means and I wanted a scope with a little more top end magnification than my current 4-16×42 monarch.
    I simply cannot justify the latest Swaro, Luepy, nightmare, Zeiss etc etc etc.
    I also didn't want you loose any lower end magnification.
    After a little bit of research I decided to drop some fun tokens on an Athlon Optics Argos 4-20×50 HMR in illuminated Moa reticle.
    I ordered from Scopeuout and despite a few Covid related delays I Finally have it in my hands after waiting about 1 month for it to be shipped from Oz, Scopeuout where great to deal with and kept me up to date with regular emails, the delays where not their fault.
    At this stage I have only had a chance to mount it up and have a quick look through it, so far I like the turrets they are firm and positive.
    The illuminated Moa duplex reticle is just what I like simple and uncluttered very pretty much the same as a Leupold fire dot reticle maybe Slightly heavier cross hairs but it's been a while since I looked through a Leupy firedot so can't be sure on that.
    It's quite short between the eye piece and the objective it's shorter than the Nikon it replaced but has a larger 50mm objective.
    It's got 60 MOA of adjustment which seems good gor a 25mm tube.
    Will hopefully get it to the range next week and really get a feel for it but do far so good.
    I'll update once I've had a chance to have a proper play.
    I know it's not hoing to out perform a Swaro but at less that $900 I don't expect it to.

Just putting it out there, this is a layman's review I an no Optics expert and I am in no way affiliated with Scopeuout or Athlon Optics. I have recieved no benefit from doing this review.

Name:  20220225_204833.jpg
Views: 554
Size:  4.07 MB

Name:  20220225_193136.jpg
Views: 537
Size:  4.23 MB

Name:  20220225_193050.jpg
Views: 546
Size:  4.14 MB
    Trout, Mooseman and Micky Duck like this.
    #DANNYCENT

you could chuck another ring on rear without any problem,no chance of movement or bumping it then..... looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    you could chuck another ring on rear without any problem,no chance of movement or bumping it then..... looks good.
    Unlikely it'll move, the previous one didn't, the WSM is suppressed so the recoil isn't bad at all.
    I have been super impressed with the quality and finish of the Contessa rings and 20moa rail they are truly top class bits of gear.

I can see I am going to have to build up the stock a bit to get a better cheek weld, but thats easy enough.
    #DANNYCENT

I'm pretty happy with my Athlon Argos HMR 2-12×42 BDC on my Target 10/22.
    dannyb likes this.
    Welcome to Sako club.