Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: BAD THOUGHT

Quote Originally Posted by PERRISCICABA View Post
    Cheers @Kiwigreg, thank you for “chip” in...
    Why I brought it up is simple, with the “big thing” over the Valkyrie on the AR15 platform I can’t see the “benefit” of that cartridge on a bolt action rifle and the same line(weight) of projectiles can be pushed easily even a bit faster from the bolt action and a little larger case. I read on the li I I share the pros and Cons of the different cartridges in the same or similar class, pretty much included these cartridges you mention kiwi Greg.
    The intention I mention/created this thread is also looking exclusively on TARGET SHOOTING something g to somehow compete with the “big boys” from long range In a “small Bullets” also can win match’s kind of things. If the Valkyrie. An be supersonic up to 1300yards for how further it would be at a bit more velocity (3100ft/s)?

Cheers.

Mac
    My 6 Terminator, basically a cross between a 6PPC & a 6 Grendel improved would be interesting necked down to 22 in a bolt action.

In a bolt action it can be loaded harder than the same case in an AR.

I prefer my 22 Grendel over my 22 Nosler AR upper,

The Nosler is easier with its 223 bolt head & factory brass but its really to long for the heavies.

Have Hugh Bradley finishing my .22-243 currently 24" with 1:8 twist, I'm heading away but it'll be sitting at home ready for my return, can't wait to use it
    My main projectile will be a RWS 74g Cone point for hunting, should be a ripper. Might see what bigger pills I can get down it at some stage.

I have had a 1-7 22-243 for years, man it can shoot the 90 Berger's, so accurate way out there.

Best is a couple of bunnies at 900 yards which was an extremely lucky twofer

You guys need to hush your mouths!!

I'm saving for a new .223 barrel in 1-8 or 1-7 twist so I can send it to get 22 Terminated!!