Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: BCG on trademe

Shut up and Shoot
    Hi guys these are my BCG's. I have had one running in my 3 gun/varmint rifle for about 15 months now done just under 2000 rounds, no issues. To be honest the only downside of these is that they don't chrome the inside of the bolt hole. If this will only be an issues if you don't clean but then I also sell fulled chromed bolts and carriers for only $20 more. Staking is simple but them come unstaked so thats how I sell them. BTW the first M16s had bolts and carriers made from 8620 and 8620 is still an milspec steel for bolt manufacture. SKD 61 is whats called a mold steel and it has high resistance to fracturing, I talked to an engineer who looked at the metallurgy behind it and said that it was more than fit for the purpose intended. The Taiwanese cant get Carpenter 158 easily and this was what their American customers said would be a good substitute of what the can easily get. The SKD61 they use is made in Japan. They are just testing SNCM420H and they think this will be better again. My next shipment will include nickle boron coated assemblies. If anyone buys one and doesn't like the look of it then send it back for a full refund (Sorry once you have shot it you own it). Also feel free to measure it up for dimensional accuracy, I have and they are Mil Spec; but feel free to satisfy your curiosity. At the recent NZRA nationals a bolt fractured and two others who were watching mentioned they had the same issue with their bolts, this North American manufacturer states MPI testing and High Pressure testing, I have yet to see a failure with any of my bolts and most of my personal loads are at 5.56 nato pressures.

Shut up and Shoot
    Sorry just read the above post; excuse my poor spelling and grammar.