Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Best Semi -auto 22

Apparently the 2 biggest cunts on here lol Philipo's Avatar
    Cheers boy'n'girls some food for thought
    Shoot it, root it & then BBQ it !!!

I have a krico... Model unknown I can only assume it is about 30-40 years old. Has a five shot mag and creepingdeathnis sending me a ten shot one. This thing shoots awesome and I gave my 10/22 to dad for controlling the vege garden. A good buy at $200 on trademe

My magtech is pretty fun, only problems I ever had was shooting Remington through it, It was good enough to pop off rabbits with a head shot a 50m. I like it cause its short and light.

I have a Stirling M20P, one of the 10% that are actually good. Had it over ten years, shoots anything you put in it with nice tight groupings. I had to turn up a bolt handle extension as the standard one is tiny, and magazines are ridiculously expensive.

Got 3 semis, had 4, sold the brno zkm581, id had for 20 years and bought a Ruger 10/22, as a knock around ride on the bike all the time rifle.
    Still love my unique best for rabbiting, she can shoot 1/2 in at 50 yds off a rest, but the gevarm is so much fun, open bolt, fixed firing pin, and take down action so well thought out.
    I love guns that were machined out of blocks of real steel.

No-one has mentioned the Remington 597? I'd recommend them highly. Mine's a great shooter, cycles cleanly (now that I've worked out to only feed it CCI subs) and as accurate as it needs to be. It'll cycle anything hi velocity, only picky on subsonic. The scope it came with (Remington branded) was utter shite, but once that was changed, I've never had to adjust for zero, nor do I see any change in POI between subs through the suppressor or hi velocity without.

Remmy 597 a bit of a problem child though. Can be good or can be a pain in the arse due to cycling/feeding issues. Talking with importer for Remmy/Marlin a while back and that's the model that gives them issues. However if you've got a good one - hang onto it!

Got a couple of Rugers a wood stainless + Syn stainless take down.
    Both really good guns. Done a few mods to both.

I like this one though its a bit different. Real good fun to shoot as well ..

Name:  g22.jpg
Views: 306
Size:  43.4 KB

G22 Spent lots time sorting out all the issues that they come with at no extra charge.. Its mint now .. Crap pic but you get the gist ...
    "This is my Flag... Ill only have the one ..

That looks like it has a thumping great front sight in the middle of the scope view Happy.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Quote Originally Posted by gadgetman View Post
    That looks like it has a thumping great front sight in the middle of the scope view Happy.
    Its got an interesting scope mount that you can use the open sights with under the scope. Hard to see but the mount is see through in the middle.

Handy for those too close shots right beside the ute ... @gadgetman
    "This is my Flag... Ill only have the one ..

Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post
    Its got an interesting scope mount that you can use the open sights with under the scope. Hard to see but the mount is see through in the middle.

Oh!, silly me...I thought they cranked them up that high to allow for the trajectory drop when wanting to shoot beyond 100 metres.
    Which is worse, ignorance or apathy...I don't know and don't care.

Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post

I just look down the side of the barrel for those ones. How is the rigidity of the scope mount?
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!