Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree79Likes

Thread: A bit of .22 advice

Quote Originally Posted by 10-Ring View Post
    The Voere bolt action is a fine rifle too and similar to the Krico. Had one that would shoot Minas heads off at 50m.
    Yep Voere, another lovely bit of kit, and your right, has a similar feel as a Krico.....geez all this threads now doing is making me want to go out and collect great 22's

There is something hard to define about carrying an older but well made 22 or any rifle / shotgun for that matter that just feels cool.
    Something about the 22 though. I think it's cause your not working hard on the walk and you are shooting it a lot that really lets you get to appreciate the rifle, small targets at varying ranges ...you soon know if it works as as hunting rifle or not.
    10-Ring and Marty Henry like this.

Quote Originally Posted by 10-Ring View Post
    Yep Viper, those Unique's are certainly well made, accurate semis; probably one of the best ever made .22 semi's.

I find the Brno Model 1 and Model 5 because of it's shorter barrel better balanced than the Model 2, ZKM 452 which the current CZ 452 is a direct decendant of.
    Yes agreed about that. Had a Brno Mod 5, sensitive to front screw tension but extremely accurate once that was set right, nicely balanced and high quality hunting rifle.
    10-Ring likes this.

Some nice little secondhand euro 22s around - the problem with many however is parts supply. Sourcing new mags/pins/springs etc can be a real issue. Needs to be kept in mind.

northdude
    ive got a mauser 22 thats a nice little shooter as well

Quote Originally Posted by mudgripz View Post
    Some nice little secondhand euro 22s around - the problem with many however is parts supply. Sourcing new mags/pins/springs etc can be a real issue. Needs to be kept in mind.
    yeah parts can be a problem, pins and springs can be reproduced by a good gunsmith but mags are a problem. I've seen some lovely Voere's going dirt cheap cause the mag's lost.

Yep Mauser another on the list of fine 22 as well

A bit of .22 advice

Another one for the unique, had this from new, still have the original 67d reg cert but mice made a home in the box so thats gone. Seen here wearing a sparc red dot and tactical jumper lead bipod but usually just the tangent sights which are calibrated to a conservative 150 metres. As accurate as my brno 2 and my favourite semi by far (also have a 10/22 and a gevarm)
    Upside down again bugger, was right way up when selected

Last edited by 7mmsaum; 08-01-2017 at 08:46 AM.

res
    Quote Originally Posted by Marty Henry View Post
    Another one for the unique, had this from new, still have the original 67d reg cert but mice made a home in the box so thats gone. Seen here wearing a sparc red dot and tactical jumper lead bipod but usually just the tangent sights which are calibrated to a conservative 150 metres. As accurate as my brno 2 and my favourite semi by far (also have a 10/22 and a gevarm)

If you have a gervarm how can anything else be your favorite? Such blasphemy
    Marty Henry likes this.
    Using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by viper View Post
    I would look at the CZ 452, it has lovely balance and very well made. They still run the screw in barrels ( not pinned ) and are well proven in terms of accuracy and time.
    It will out last you and be something to hand on to grand kids.

They are going to be phased out by the new 455 CZ so nows the time to grab one while you can, I have seen them new for around the 800 - 900 mark.

Others to consider : Early model Bruno ( not as slick as 452 ) . Ansultz shoot well but action feels to small for my hands. If you can find a nice Krico which are made in Austria they are very accurate rifles as well.

Or you could go like me and run a semi and also a bolt action. I got a used Norinco JW15 A which is a shameless Bruno clone and it's a awesome little machine. Shoots as well as my sons CZ and cost $200 used. Early ones seem to be better but there are a lot of guys on this forum running them and they perform way above their price tag.

I enjoy running both guns. The bolt guns the work horse but fun to break out the semi every now and then.
    I have the CZ 452 topped with a leupold ultraligh 2-7x28. Open sights are also excellent on it nice piece of wood fits me really well and great finish on bluing and metalwork, no rattles... only downside is definitely the trigger is something to be desired quite heavy with some creep there too - however i figger its just an excuse to put more rounds through it and just get used to it.....
    HuntGatherRepeat likes this.

Cause the Unique is better again, finish , quality and accuracy. Amazing balance and fit, basically hand built , if you ever get a chance to buy one and it's a nice one grab it. They are becoming very hard to find and seem on average to fetch $800 - $1000.

Gervam certainty have a fan base as well.
    res likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by CZ Lux View Post
    I have the CZ 452 topped with a leupold ultraligh 2-7x28. Open sights are also excellent on it nice piece of wood fits me really well and great finish on bluing and metalwork, no rattles... only downside is definitely the trigger is something to be desired quite heavy with some creep there too - however i figger its just an excuse to put more rounds through it and just get used to it.....
    Trigger easily fixed with a Yodave trigger kit for around 19 bucks Canadian IIRC. My trigger now has virtually no creep and 1 lb let off.
    gadgetman likes this.

Both of my Brnos have adjustable sears fitted
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Henry View Post

7mmsaum Howd you do that? Oh do please tell as the 2 phone photos ive posted started off ok but posted upside down. Or is it a service you offer

So the conclusion is, if it's not made in the states, it will be perfect!!! Oh and the older the better
    res, viper and HuntGatherRepeat like this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

northdude
    suprised savage didnt get a mention

Quote Originally Posted by res View Post
    I do love my gevarm its my avatar, but its like running two girlfriends, one you take to posh doos meet the parents, have dinner and act " proper" around. The other one gets you hot and sweaty in a recreational sense. So i love them both but for different reasons. I guess the 10/22 hangs around incase the others want a 3 some.
    nor-west, res, viper and 1 others like this.