Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree50Likes

Thread: Blaser K95

I wouldn’t worry too much about having to move your hand to open the barrel when using the thumb hole stock. Ovini expeditions on Goutube has several videos using the thumb hole K95. I’ve shot 7 animals with my k95, only one needed two shots.
    Personally though I think the carbon thumb hole stock is an abomination on the K95.
    Dreamer and Stocky like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gkp View Post
    The advantages of are single shot is the weight, the ability to break it down, awsome ergonomics, and shorter as there is no action as such.
    I was a skeptic re single shots until a friend convinced me to buy a Thompson encore about 10 years ago
    I'm not anti single shot at all. I love them in fact if I could afford a k95 I would own one. I used a Bergara 308 as my main rifle for 2 years down south it took a few Cham and reds.
    Name:  20181021_082943.jpg
Views: 401
Size:  3.46 MB

I guess it's a weird range of compromises for such an expensive rifle. along the lines of the Stug its a rifle that is classical and traditional and the carbon stock takes that away. It feels almost tacky to do that to such a nice rifle. Idk it's a bit of a personal thing but if buying one mine would be nice timber. Just my opinion obviously.
    outdoorlad and Gkp like this.